australian east coast in august?

drgizzard

hey

im planning on going to australia this summer (for northern hemisphere anyways!)

i actually im wondering when would be the best time july, august, september?

i should stay around 3-4 weeks what would ur advice be, im gonna be around sydney and brisbane for sure.

i heard of the hippie city; but gets boring if ur there more than a day?

just tell me the MUST to do stuff: shops, restaurants,...

thanx

i lived in australia for a year, i lived in sydney. dont know if you want backpacking ideas?...but the east coast of australia is one of the easiest possible places to travel up and down. i travled up and down by bus, long bus rides but so worth it. hostels for sure. super cheap and most of them are fairly nice b/c there is so much compition....i had a blast in airlie beach and went sailing in the whitesundays for like a week..sooo nice. and hit up fraser island, its the worlds largets sand island, super cool....byron bay was goodtimes too...and of course cairns and the great barrier reef were a whole lot of awesome too...some other cool spots on the east coast to stop off at are hervey bay is goodtimes, brisbane was ok, and surfers was eh...but cheap drinks. ha...we left the week before coasties (australian version of spring break for high school kids) soo it could of been alot better im sure....sydney speaks for itself. greatest city ever. haha...if ya want spots for night life and resturants, youll have to ask someone else, it was like 2 years ago when i was there....i lived in north sydney by the way. have a blast dude...and pick up some red rock deli chips and a slab of VB for me.

.......and THEN i pulled out.