Hoodies and Jackets

Denim R

• 4 weeks later...

i have been searching high and low for a really well made m65 as suggested by englandmj7

I like the look of the schott version, as it seems to be well made and has a nice built in lining. The problem is they don't send this item to australia.

Anyone know of any other m65 jackets out there that are easily available online.

Quote:

Anyone know of any other m65 jackets out there that are easily available online.

If you are willing to fork out some cash (400 or so) Japan's Lowrider has some effin' sick M-65s and other similar jackets (namely the Harris Tweed M65):

http://www.star-lowrider.com/

You can't go wrong with Alpha Industries, available at your local surplus or online at tons of places, search on Google. If you normally wear a Large in most clothes, get a small in Alpha's, they are frickin' huge....I have also got a nice one from.......drumroll........American Eagle, I know them and A&F made a ton in different colors/washes over the past couple of years.....check e-bay.

If you have a Topshop where you are, they usually always carry some version of an M65 for pretty cheap (always under $100).....

The only thing I would warn you of is buying M65s from alot of companies that have been making them lately, such as J Money, Goods Seattle, One True Saxon, etc. because they are normally ordered from Alpha and simply modified, and do not warrant the several hundred dollar price tag they accompany.........

Obey also had a decent one for $90 that came out less than a year ago, if there are any shops in Australia that carry Obey, you could look around.

If you tell me what you are looking for (vintage look or modern, warm or light, etc.) I can direct you. One I recently considered purchasing is this one by Spiewak:

http://karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=7792&VendorCode=SPI

Check out the additional pics, which still don't do it justice, it is very nice in person and is warm and cheap as well.

Edited by englandmj7 on Feb 15, 2006 at 08:50 PM

england great info thanks.

before i read your post i was looking at this site and saw some on sale recently.

http://www.80spurple.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/115_227/products_id/1820

it is freshjive, which i do not know much about, but it is cheap and looks quite good quality.

what do you think? i cannot tell from the photos shown. also i don't like the fact it is preworn/prewashed.

the spiewak jacket you show looks great but i would prefer a cotton outer so it can wear naturally.