Zombie Defense Task Force Thread

Mr Waffles

To make my plan, I'm gonna have to make the following assumptions:

-Zombies are the slow type. Limited motor functions, but have their senses( meaning sight, hearing, and smell).

-There is is electricity, but NO running water.

-There is no supernatural zombies out there, and the virus cannot affect other animals (Resident Evil Extinction Zombie Crow complex).

-There was indeed a pre set warning about this via the news, internet, what not. I was just not gonna believe it till I saw it.

-They die with the detachment, or the shutdown of the brain.

#1 rule: prevention. If this is indeed the long term, I would want to fight THE LEAST zombies as possible. It's just a simple matter of using your resources and weapons as least as possible. Thusly, here is a pretty much the most simple breakdown of plan.

Place:A suburb. I feel that it has the most balanced ratio of food+supplies, without it being too populated by zombies because of how where more people=more zombies. I would most probably choose a house and of course barricade everything. I would stock bottles and bottles of chemicals, specifically a chemical that would eliminate the smell of human flesh(I am Legend idea). Also, I would plan to have flesh corrosive bottles, and set it up in my sprinkler system. When theres alot of zombies wanting me, turn up the sprinklers and watch them melt. To minimize the zombies chances of thinking me as a target, I would not use electricity as much, and keep the house dark and solemn as possible. I would most probably set up a gym within the house to keep myself fit(Stay in fucking shape). Sure u have a gun. But hand to hand combat would be nice for emergencies when u simply run outta ammo. For food, raid houses nearby. and slowly expand out. There is also the supermarkets nearby any suburbs. Your basic pharmacies, general dealers, would have anything u pretty much need. Nothing too fancy.

And yes, that would require me to move, but if planned, I would be able to get everything I need to remigrate to another house.

Mode of transportation: A bicycle. They are quiet, don't require gas, and easy to repair and fix compared to a car. Easy to find(and bail and dead sprint when u need to) and access. If u get the right bike, you would be able to outrun any zombie. And, if i were to stay in shape, i would be able to bike for hours at a brisk pace if I made my daily runs.

Weapons: EVERY GUN MAKES NOISE. ANY NOISE GETS A ZOMBIES ATTENTION. Thusly, I would have to resort to silencers. Yes, a shotgun can kill a zombie easily. but one shot= 10 more coming from the blast. Automatics and pistols with silencers would be good. As for melee, I would have to say crowbar, and a metal bolo stick thing. Btw, I would make it part of my everyday life to practice using these weapons at wherever I'm hiding. Learn how the weapon moves and feels. Become experienced with any weapon you're using.

People: One person, Ideally. This would mainly be for the psychological affects of lonliness. If it was a loved one, all the better. If not, make a friend in this apocalypse. If he leaves you, not your problem. He/She will die. If people find me, I would have to measure their abilities in helping me.

Clothing: From what I have seen, Zombies tend to have the biting plan. They grab you, open wide, and CHOMP! Game over. Thus, I would most probably have to wear a chain suit with metallic rings. This does make noise because of the rings clinging, but if I wore enough form fitting clothes, it could reduce the bounciness, and thus less noise. Legs would have to be some Jeans. I would wear some metallic ankle bracelets and some Nike Lunar Elites. They feel like your wearing nothing, and when you walk in them, the noise is minimal.

Most of all, I would try to establish radio contact with the world. I would be able to find survivors, and, hopefully, find a save haven to where i could just break for there. But if that doesn't happen, rinse wash and repeat till I die from a fatal mistake or age.

Theres more to plan, but forget it. Thats most basic from what I feel.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we looked into sharksuits but they're so expensive and cumbersome.

the dupont knife proof clothing only protects against slashes and zombies go for direct stabs(with their teeth) so it wouldn't do much.

i hope i didn't scare sufu... i'm the only guy who knows about guns, jeans, and motorcycles... and work the internet...

Hate to burst your bubble.... but Dupont's MTP Kevlar is designed to prevent punctures (in addition to bullets, fire, and chemical threats)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think over the last few years my love of zombie films has subconsciously acquire skills that will be useful in a zombie attack.

i got hugely involved in wilderness medicine, want to specialize in er medicine, go camping / rock climbing / hiking every weekend

as;dkhfad;hfd;ah #horriblelifechoices

I think over the last few years my love of zombie films has subconsciously acquire skills that will be useful in a zombie attack.

i got hugely involved in wilderness medicine, want to specialize in er medicine, go camping / rock climbing / hiking every weekend

as;dkhfad;hfd;ah #horriblelifechoices

shotgun XY in my zombie task force