Warp Records anniversary compilation CD.

sybaritical

Fans of electronic music might not like it but they can't deny the influence that independent label Warp records has had on the scene or marvel at the fact that they've been releasing edgy left field music and more recently film for coming up to 20 years ...

Warp Records have decided to celebrate its second decade by releasing a compilation CD voted for by the fans of the label. Until the 8th May, you can go to the warp20 site and cast your votes for your top ten individual releases on the Warp catalogue, and the top 10 most popular songs at the close will be combined with 10 picks by Warp co-founder Steve Beckett. As an additional incentive, users' comments, memories and messages may well be included as part of the album art.

There was some fantastic albums released on WARP during the '90s. I was always more of an ambient fan as opposed to the more spasmodic DnB-esque stuff. For example, I loved Autechre's earlier albums, but I'm not a fan of their more recent material; it's music from the year 7000 and you'd need to be a maintenance robot to understand or appreciate it.

• 6 months later...

I just got this boxed set in the mail, 5 CDs, 6 10" records, a book, poster, and beautiful records. The Osymyso mix is essentially the new generation version of Blech 2.

I'm going to the WARP20 (Tokyo) party next month, gonna die when i see Andrew Weatherall and Chris Cunningham in person.