-- Dior Homme Pins --

englandmj7

I remember that I first saw these DH pins a few years ago (maybe 2 or 3?). I am trying to find something similar to them. Simple pins in different shape (stars, shields, anything) and haven't had luck with the pins at military surplus stores....... anyone have any recommendations? These are the Dior ones:

kcxzwx.jpg

kcy040.jpg

Thanks!

icon_smile.gif

Quote: england, since you mentioned you're skilled in jewelry crafting, wouldn't these be pretty simple to make?

I have made brooches/pins before, but:

a.) I figured someone might know where to get them cheap online

b.) I suck at painting and would rather use my time elsewhere

Quote: Anyway, another thread declared shield/coat of arms imagery to be played, so just forget it

Dude, I appreciate your advice but are you nuts? I don't give a flying fuck if if the "fashion" community thinks they are played, I like them, what the hell else matters? And about heraldry, etc. People on here are not idiots, I think we all know the cultural significance of a shield/coat of arms.....I didn't ask what they were, I asked where to find pins of them.

As far as the e-bay comment..........well let's just say.........I am perfectly capable of typing "Dior Pin" into a search bar........my question involved where I could find a cheap substitute....... Like I said, it doesnt have to be a frigging shield.....it could be a star, or circle, or triangle it doesn't matter..........

I don't mean to come off as a dick but seriously.............

Edited by englandmj7 on Jan 16, 2006 at 04:10 PM

Quote:

the fist one looks like an Army Ranger pin, sans the horse head.

--- Original message by brio619 on Jan 16, 2006 01:34 PM

You're thinking of one of the US cavalry division's insignia (7th most likely). Army Rangers use nothing like that.