Golf Talk

Man, normally tiger would be an easy pick. But like i said in the recent purchases thread, it takes his knee about 6-8 holes to get loose to the point where he can play well or so it seems all tourney. You'd figure rocco's lack of length would give tiger an even bigger advantage if they make the course longer than today (it was playing real short today). Tiger can't be spraying it all over the place though. I don't really see Rocco getting scared and just choking but the ceiling for his round tomorrow is certainly a lot lower than tigers. With his lack of length, rocco really can't afford many mistakes unless tiger's knee gets worse.

I need to get out on the course more but my clubs are back in gainesville. I borrowed my friend's clubs at the range last week and was hitting really well considering it has been awhile since i played. My last round was probably 112 but a bad outing for me. I know i can play better than that (low 100s and i should be able to break 100 if i keep my head straight).

ah fuck...im so jealous...that woulda been a truely epic moment for me.

i once ate dinner with Se Ri Park before she made it big.

But yeah I've been getting into it slowly this past few months cuz of my roomate but its def hard to get back into it after a long hiatus. my shoulders are just too stiff now and im not getting the same distance i used to. i used to average 280-300 on a driver but now i think im hitting 250-260. cant even begin to talk about how shitty my short games gotten.

golf is possibly one of the most frustrating games ive ever played but i enjoy it so much

I work at a golf course. Needless to say I am tired of this shit.

lol. i used to teach little kids how to golf...and yes, needless to say, teaching kids how to golf is nearly impossible. at some point i gave up actually trying to teach them and let them just have fun.

I work at a golf course. Needless to say I am tired of this shit.

Yeah, I hear that. I worked at a golf course every summer for 6 years and all the golf talk (by terrible golfers mind you) got so annoying. Working at that place actually made me hate golf on some level, I used to play every day in the summer, now I play maybe once a week

I think Tiger will win...obvious and safe choice i know. I think his knee is bothering him but not enough to play really poorly. Hopefully Rocco pulls it out though, this is the first major I have watched from beginning to end in a long time...might have something to do with me not being around golf 24/7

lets talk gear...

what do you guys play?

I just made the switch from titleist dci 990 to mizuno mp67 irons after playing the titleists for like 5 years

demo'd out Ping i10's, Nike blades, and the new titleist z muscles

and honestly it was a toss up between nikes, titleists and mizuno...went with mizuno cuz it was a bit cheaper with a deal :)

as for putters go, ive been playing with my same scottycamerons for like 7 years. cant replace it

lets talk gear...

what do you guys play?

Tiger will get all kinds of shit injected into his knee and he will crush Rocco.

Right now in my bag I have an Adams Insight driver with the shitty stock shaft. I think I'm going to put a Matrix in it. I have a TM V Steel 3 wood I need to upgrade. My irons are TM Rac LT irons I bought a couple years ago since I don't play much anymore, they could use stiffer shafts. I used to play Mizuno MP33s, and before that 962Bs. Last year I replaced my Cameron Newport II with the TM Monza Corza, never could get along with mallets, especially strange looking ones, so I just bought the Mizuno Bettinardi BC1. The Newport 2 has always been my favorite putter, I've had several flavors, but I really liked the look and feel of the Bettinardi.

Tiger will get all kinds of shit injected into his knee and he will crush Rocco.

Right now in my bag I have an Adams Insight driver with the shitty stock shaft. I think I'm going to put a Matrix in it. I have a TM V Steel 3 wood I need to upgrade. My irons are TM Rac LT irons I bought a couple years ago since I don't play much anymore, they could use stiffer shafts. I used to play Mizuno MP33s, and before that 962Bs. Last year I replaced my Cameron Newport II with the TM Monza Corza, never could get along with mallets, especially strange looking ones, so I just bought the Mizuno Bettinardi BC1. The Newport 2 has always been my favorite putter, I've had several flavors, but I really liked the look and feel of the Bettinardi.

nice gear!! and I agree custom components are key, the stock shafts suck.

rocco will win .. i think .. hes been consistent throught the latter part .. tiger always seem to double bogey the first hole

my driver is a big bertha ( old one) i only use the 3 wood also bertha, my irons are taylor made 200s .. my friends keep telling me to upgrade my mallet putter.. but ive been putting decent all this time i dont feel like i need to upgrade yet

rocco will win .. i think .. hes been consistent throught the latter part .. tiger always seem to double bogey the first hole

my driver is a big bertha ( old one) i only use the 3 wood also bertha, my irons are taylor made 200s .. my friends keep telling me to upgrade my mallet putter.. but ive been putting decent all this time i dont feel like i need to upgrade yet

i used to love the old big bertha's. my dad used to play with big berthas and i always wanted it over my old Ping driver i used to hit with...now i play a Taylormade driver that was handed down by my dad with a ridiculously flexible shaft that i need to replace.

Guest ManOfSteel555

i think it'll be closer than people think. i'm just hoping i can get home in time to catch the last couple holes...but i think tiger pulls it out in the end.

for historical reasons, i hope he does--what a gritty performance the last two days.

Man, tiger had this wrapped up earlier. TIger has a chance here at 18 with his tee shot. Ridiculous weekend.

This was one of the best US Opens ever. Congrats to Tiger for an amazing job. The Rock wasn't bad either. He kept his game up, but came up a little short.

Well I see that everyone is giving their golf experience over the years and I thought I would share mine. I am a senior in college right now, but back when I was a freshman in high school I made the varsity golf team. I had so much fun back then. I didn't play in 10th or 11th grade, but I played again in 12th. Ever since then I have had no time to golf. The last time I went out was in May and it was my first time out in years. I was terrible, but I had fun. I actually hit a building!

I had the opportunity to go to the Masters back in 2002 with my dad and some friends and it was great! If any of you have that opportunity, you should absolutely go. You will have so much fun. I have also gone to all the events held in Kohler at Whistling Straits since I live 30 mins away from the golf course. Those are always fun, but the walking is a pain in the ass with all the hills. I can't wait, because they are going to have some more events coming up soon there too. Plus, my mom works for the Pepsi that supplies Kohler and they have their own tent. Hopefully, I could check that out next time.

Well, I will share some amazing shots stories next time because I am sure we all have some of those!!

lets talk gear...

what do you guys play?

I still play with the shit that I had in middle school and high school. My standard set is an old 975d titleist driver, x-12 callaway irons (yeah I know but they are just so easy to hit), cleveland wedges and either a cameron or ping putter. Occasionally my buddies will lend me there back up clubs, like last week I played with the new taylormade burner prototype, but I always end up with that old stuff cause I'm comfortable with it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3447500&n8pe6c=2

I just got back, that was some impressive golf. I have never seen the south course play so hard.

ahhhh i cant believe i missed it today. playoffs going into sudden death...epic. called my dad in korea just to see if he's been watching...my dad hates Tiger lol...

Who? callaway x-12's, along with PING IST's are two old irons that i still love hitting with from time to time. easy to hit

Really excited to see a bustling golf thread up on Sufu. I took up the game sophomore year of high school and fell in love with it immediately. Before that I played baseball for years, but the fact that golf was so multi-faceted and challenging and being out on the course itself made for a tremendous time, it was a no brainer to make the switch. Played varsity golf in high school and was shooting 78-84, but then I went to school in western new york, got snowed in for half the year, and gave it up for three seasons. I moved out to LA two years ago and have jumped back into the game. I play two or three times a month, usually up in Malibu or Simi Valley. Last week I played Robinson Ranch a little ways up the 405, and that was outstanding. Occasionally I play Rancho Park in West LA, but I tend to practice down in El Segundo at The Lakes. I've managed to get my scoring down to 85-90, with the strongest part of my game being driving and the weakest putting. I play MacGregor irons, Titleist woods, and a mix of Titleist and Mizuno wedges. Any other active LA golfers here that play these courses? I'd definitely be down for some new playing partners!

PS. It was tough to see Mediate lose on Monday. It was a great story and who wouldn't want to play with a guy like that. I'm not much of a Tiger fan but the dude is just so resilient...

I've played golf my entire life and played two years in college. I've recently done something I said I'd never do and that is start playing Cobra clubs. I've the driver in play and have the Forged CB's coming in the mail.

initially, i started going to the driving rang with my dad cuz he had been golfing for quite awhile by then.

around 8th grade or so, i started going regularly, then freshman/soph year started golfing nonstop with my dad and my coach.

junior and senior year, played competitively for alittle bit and then college came and went with me not touching a single club.

i only recently got back into it, finding myself with nothign to do after work...turns out its still fun

Thats nearly the same way I got into golf. I started playing competively a little earlier but only so I could hang out with my friends and avoid taking PE. I rarely play anymore but still go to the range and caddy for friends.

The drivers that I have been impressed with recently are the titliest d2. I hit a taylormade prototype last week and that was really nice, I think it was just a unmarked burner tour.