The enigma "zoltar the magnificent"

Ive been reading a lot of stuff on these forums about ZOLTAR, and where to find it and whats it all about,well ive just seen some tees in an art gallery for sale and a micheal lau customised toy and also i here the zoltar crew have done a piece for the 'zarjaz' 2000ad exhibition.....these guys are hard at it..evreyone talks about "house industries" and house 33 these guys are good , BUT zoltar is still functioning with the original crew, ive also had news straight from the high command that a new collection comes out next year!?!? ive seen bits and bobs and they retain there true style.

ps look out for the website in spring

house 33 (which stocked zoltar) closed down about 3 weeks ago.. no customers just that tramp that sleeps on the corner AND we all know that he only wears 55 dsl and bape so he doesnt count.

if you search you'll find loads about zoltar, dan mcmillan, barnsley blah blah blah

"You brought the fucking Pomeranian bowling?"

"I haven't brought it bowling...I didn't rent it shoes, I'm not buying it a fucking beer, it's not taking a fucking turn..."

House 33 did not stock zoltar, house 33 used to BE the zoltar shop....if you clear your mind and step back to 2003, you will find the shop "ZOLTAR THE MAGNIFICENT" situated at 33 marshall st , zoltar was thier from 2001-2003 here it is in its second incarnation(end of 2003).

WELCOME TO THE GAMMA QUADRANT!!!!!!

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1672/15ce1.jpg

House 33 did not stock zoltar, house 33 used to BE the zoltar shop....if you clear your mind and step back to 2003, you will find the shop "ZOLTAR THE MAGNIFICENT" situated at 33 marshall st , zoltar was thier from 2001-2003 here it is in its second incarnation(end of 2003).

WELCOME TO THE GAMMA QUADRANT!!!!!!

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1672/15ce1.jpg

Thanks Luminous, keep us posted man. I am a huge fan of Zoltar, slash House33. Did you ever see the Freddie Mercury shirt...."Fister"? Excellent design. So Zoltar changed to House33 yeah, is the shop shop going to be back up and running?

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Zoltar and House33 share a former Zoltar partner, but the companies are seperate.

House Industries did the Zoltar logo and the identity. I have yet to see Zoltar do anything all that good since.

Just a bunch a "schocking" graphics with lots of penises and shoddly put together clip art.

I do like the new era hats however. Homeboys need to come back with a real line when Barnzley was in the picture. I guess that's what happens when you have millions and don't have to work. Just make fome fancy shit when you want to.

Luminous, you sound like you're from Zoltar. Tell Macmillian to get off his pile of cash and make some real clothes again.

Edited by Bronson on Dec 6, 2005 at 01:13 PM

impatientce is a virtue....HOMEBOYS zzzzzzzz. If you look closely the TEE ,a canvas for thought and expression it relates to the paul mcarthy exhibition, the quote

"launched into hyperspace in a kind of postmodern apocalypse. The airless atmosphere has asphyxiated the referent, leaving us satellites in aimless orbit around an empty center. We breathe an ether of floating images that no longer bear a relation to any reality whatsoever!"

a canvas! not a unit moving, money loving, logo toting no brainer.......

impatientce is a virtue....HOMEBOYS zzzzzzzz. If you look closely the TEE ,a canvas for thought and expression it relates to the paul mcarthy exhibition, the quote

"launched into hyperspace in a kind of postmodern apocalypse. The airless atmosphere has asphyxiated the referent, leaving us satellites in aimless orbit around an empty center. We breathe an ether of floating images that no longer bear a relation to any reality whatsoever!"

Quote:

--- Original message by THE LUMINOUS ONE on Dec 6, 2005 02:07 PM

Good god you're one annoyingly pompous ponce.

call him pompous, but i think the illuminous cunt is on t he money.... does any one know where i can track this shit down?.. just got back to londo form NY and found a couple of stores there, but it was all '04 stuff./... i wanna find one of those tommys ive seen about and maybe a penis shirt as mentioned by bonzo or what ever his name is?.. bronson maybe....

peace....

fuck my finger, artse hole...

• 2 months later...

From issue #84 Global Fashion Trends http://www.jcreport.com/mailer/issue84/index.html :

"Magnificent Zoltar

London

In London, antiestablishment ideas are abundant, and Zoltar, a group of young creative revolutionaries, is bringing an outsider spirit to the high-end luxury arena for men.

Founded in 2002, the enigmatic collective is helmed by the multidisciplinary creative Dan Macmillan. The rest of the team includes Giles Curties, Anita and Marlon Richards, Kieron Livingstone, and Howie B. The group quickly garnered buzz with Zoltar the Magnificent, a retail outpost in London's Soho that doubled as an art gallery featuring exhibitions from horror artist Robert Hawkins to the legendary rock 'n roll photographer Mick Rock. What sealed Zoltar's cult status was their thrill for staging guerilla stunts: a Zoltar ice cream truck appeared during one London Fashion Week, another Zoltar function was interrupted by a fake police raid replete with arrests. But at the height of their pioneering success, the collective moved their design studio to a clandestine location in 2004. This year they've resurfaced from the underground, jolting the men's casual wear market.

Taking their designs to Milan to mark their re-emergence, for a/w '06-'07, Zoltar showed a hot pink silk letterman's jacket engulfed in tattoo-like prints of skeletons, skulls, and wings; its intricacy was reminiscent of an engraving by William Hogarth, one of their graphic inspirations. The dainty threads of Loro Piana cashmeres in hot pink, canary yellow, and baby blue deliberately steered away from looking too precious with thorny barbwire prints. Tailored jackets in dark colors contrasted with bright, linear Op Art prints, while denim and utilitarian fabrics developed by BMW added toughness to the collection. The accessories were no less innovative: some highlights included shoes from a Spring Court collaboration and rosary-style neck pieces (in gold and silver) with diamond studs and skull pendants.

Mixing contradictory worlds — the refinement of luxury with the iconography of rebellion — is in tune with the collective's nonconformist agenda, to "attack the bourgeois world of luxury goods" and "buck the trend of third world sweatshop exploitation."

Our advice: make your rebellious statement in luxurious fashion.

-Robert Cordero

Photos:

Zoltar a/w '06-'07"

Isn't Marlon Richards Keiths son? Lots of money but little talent, Barnzley was the talent at Zoltar.

http://djnk.blogspot.com

Edited by johnmc on Feb 11, 2006 at 12:33 PM