Crate Denim

zimzima911

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

i recieved my james III yesterday! besides being too long (hemming them soon), they fit great. they dont have stretchy material in it, but they do use deadstock denim. the price is great, handmade, and has a nice story behind the denim company. *the belt loops are weird. they only half sew them therefore making it seem weak. but great jeans none the less. will post pics of the jeans and the belt loops

• 4 months later...

the SSLM one looks kind of greycast to me and the other two blue models look almost exactly the same. since most people say these are TTS than they have my size in all models.the other websites that they are sold on list them at a much more expensive price even if they are not the selvedge version. i wonder why these where originally only 69 bucks?

I think that these tend to be cheaper because the denim is lighter and they don't put rivets around the pockets or finish the belt loops. It gives it a very unique look, but perhaps less labor.

I have a pair of the James IV selvage. It took me about a month to stretch them out, whereas Nudies take a few days. They now fit well and are starting to show fades, which also took awhile. A non-boot cut that goes well with boots.

re: the barneys model's. i shot a email to the people at crate and they sent this back"They measure the same as all James models. They have tonal stitching which

is the main difference from our standard pants. They are dry and they were

an exclusive for Barneys." i am going to order a pair tonight.

I ordered a pair from Barney's, and they made it here in two days. I ordered true to size, and they were literally true to size. I've been wearing them for three days and still almost no stretching, which I'm glad for, since they fit almost exactly how I want them to. The denim is definitely thing, so thin that today while playing some footbag I heard some tearing, and was feeling around my crotch for a while terrified that I ripped them. It was actually the small pair of boxer shorts I had on underneath. :]

I ordered a pair from Barney's, and they made it here in two days. I ordered true to size, and they were literally true to size. I've been wearing them for three days and still almost no stretching, which I'm glad for, since they fit almost exactly how I want them to. The denim is definitely thing, so thin that today while playing some footbag I heard some tearing, and was feeling around my crotch for a while terrified that I ripped them. It was actually the small pair of boxer shorts I had on underneath. :]

did you use the standard shipping?

that fit looks great. did you get those hemmed?

Au-natural but they're riding a bit higher on the hips that I'd like to wear them since I was told by Context to size down one because of stretching. That'll probably help offset the length the combs are being to take in.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have a pair of the James IV in a size 33? Just curious as to what they measure across the thigh. I purchased a pair of 32's, but Barney's cancelled my order because they sold out. I'm considering getting the 33's but suspect they might be too big.

i send my size 33 back yesterday so keep a eye out. i didnt measure mine but they were too loose in the leg. not as snug as bootcut ola's in size 32 for reference. they fit almost exactly like my 32 BO but with a slightly looser leg. my size 32 hasnt been shipped yet and probally wont be here for a week or so. hope that helps.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the insight. I have a pair of Ola's in 32 and they are actually perfect in the thigh. I know then that the 33 would have been too loose for me. If those 32's don't work out for you, and they are the black ones, feel free to pm me maybe we can work something out.

im ordered the blue ones in size 32. i might get the black ones later. i would think the 32 crates would be just a tad looser in the thigh and overall slightly more relaxed. i would size down to 31 myself if they had that size even thought the waist would probally be too tight.

Anyone have a pair of the James IV in a size 33? Just curious as to what they measure across the thigh. I purchased a pair of 32's, but Barney's cancelled my order because they sold out. I'm considering getting the 33's but suspect they might be too big.

I have a pair of james IV in 33. I've been wearing them for about 7 months, the thights stretched out just a bit, not much. Where on the thigh do you want the measurement taken?

• 1 month later...

Just got a pair of 33 James IV indigo selvedge.......very impressed with the quality at this price point.....I dig all the slight imperfections.......lets me know they really were made by hand......fit very true to size........glad i didnt size down.....

crate4.jpg

crate3.jpg

crate2.jpg

crate1.jpg

• 1 month later...

August,

I walked into the Barney's Co-op looking to purchase my first pair of raw denim. I found a pair of unlabled jeans which were marked from 145 down to 39. I saw they were a 32 ( I am a 28 in Diesel, 31 in Levi, 30 in Nudie) but tried them on anyway. Suprsingly, they fit well and were really long ( I am 6' 2''). When trying them on I noticed there was only a top button present out of 4 total. These jeans were not labled at all, just a price tag with the size. When I got to the counter they were even 30 percent off of that price, making them around 29 after taxes.

I tried them on when I came home and the one remaining button popped off! I had no clue what brand of jeans these were, but I saw the inside said James III so I googled that. I found out about Crate and emailed the company. The guy told me they would send me out a free pair for my troubles! I told him to send a 31 since I thought they would stretch. Shipping took about 3 weeks, thus I started to get hesitant and starting thinking this was too good to be true. The new jeans finally arrived and they fit perfectly! The denim however was a lighter color and a lighter weight denim as well. I was still very happy to receive 2 pairs of awesome jeans for a total of 30 bucks!

That being said, this is my first pair or raw denim. I wore the 31's for about 3 months with an average of 2-3 wears a week. last week I spilt taco's on them and had to wash them. I washed them on a warm delicate wash with light detergent and hung them out to dry. The result was no color change at all, there was no fading or honeycombing and the overall color stayed the same. I know most people say to wait 6 months until the wash, but I have no fading or honeycombs even starting. Do I just need to wear these harder? I still havent worn the darker 32's. They will stretch out especially in the waist and in the knees.

Photographs:

front.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

comparasion.jpg

comparasionback.jpg

• 5 weeks later...