Londoners.....

Bronson

I'm hitting London in a few weeks for about a week. I've heard the Hideout was closed for a bit to remodel. Are they back up and running? Anything good & worth hunting down?

Sneaker heads: what is my best bet for london/Europe/store only color ways, JD sports?

Thanks. B-son

Edited by Bronson on Feb 21, 2006 at 07:21 PM

For adidas, you should check Foot-patrol and Oki-ni for store exclusives. JD has their exclusive colorways with nike as well. Some of my favorite spots in LONDON:

BRICK LANE

Gloria's (Off Aldgate East)

COVENT GARDEN

Slam City Skates

Duffer of St George

My Trainers

There's also a bookstore in this area, I forget the name though.

SOHO

Hideout

Ape

Foot-Patrol

Try grabbing a BLT at one of the many Pret a Manger sanwhich shops and/or a plate of Chicken Katsu Curry at one of the Wagamama locations (with a nice serving of warm sake).

Clubs: I'm not really sure on whats really "poppin" with the locals but.. I had fun at Frabric (Friday or Saturdays), RubyLo (hip-hop nights) and Bar Rumba (monday night with Giles Peterson spinning that jazz/hip-hop/soul)

This should keep you busy for a week.

Edited by edwin on Sep 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM

• 2 weeks later...

After shopping in Covent garden eat at Sartaj Balti House, 26 Earlham Street, (020) 7831 1413, at Seven Dials. It is Pakistani/Indian food that comes in a huge iron pot and it is incredible. Like really. You choose your own balti ingredients and its OFF THE HOOK! And they got big bottles of Cobra beer. I took my Londoner friend there who had never been and she goes back all the time now... best Indian/balti food you will EVER have. Posh/expensive but nice commercial hip hop club: Denim. Its actually pretty cool. I forget where it is though, look it up. I don't know if its still hot. Last time I went I got really really wasted and ended up in the Sun's social page looking drunk as shit, described as the "american friend" of some hip Londoners. Embarassing. Size is the sneaker jumpoff so I've heard. Try to find a squatter rave. They are craaaaaaaazy. I went to one in an abandoned gym/YMCA type spot in Brixton. The pool was empty and the DJ was in the bottom. Huge sound/lights in an abandoned building, cheap beer, cheap drugs, absolutely bananas.

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting.

im gonna be there myself for a few days next week...im pretty familiar with london but was hoping you guys would have some new recommendations.

i remember floral street had some good shops...duffer in shorts gardens, slam city...near carnaby i liked the red dot shop but that stuff is getting tired fast...also liked that shop nearby with the alife stuff among many other things (forgot the name).

i think the ape and hideout are in golden square? there were some good shops nearby. size was good for sneakers...

if anyone has more restaurant recommendations...id totally appreciate it. also, any good bars?

Bars:

Elysium Lounge - 9 Glasshouse Street, W1. Very Slick

Lounge Lover - 1 Whitby Street, E2. A short walk from Brick Lane and it's set back from the street so look for the two light flames on the walk. Interesting cocktails.

Sketch - 9 Conduit Street, W1. Expensive and can be difficult to get into

Appartment 195 - On the King's Road. Can't remember the number but it's above Henry J Beans. Nearest cross street is Oakley Street. Member's Only bar but it's been known for people to blag their way in.

Denim is still around

Restaurants:

Locanda Locatelli - Seymour Street, W1. Attached to the back of the Intercontinental hotel on Portman Square. One of the best Italians in London. You'll need to book ahead though.

Scallini - Walton Street, SW3. Another good Italian in Knightsbridge

Chisou - Princes Street, W1. A few metres from Oxford Circus tube and Hanover Square. Small Japanese restaurant with very high quality food. Has one of the best sushi chefs in London. Book for supper as it gets very busy.

Sabzi - an organic cafe, next door to Chisou. Odd combinations for sandwiches but mighty tasty. I think they have the best tasting organic coffee in London

Nobu - at the Metropolitan Hotel, Old Park Lane. Best sushi in London.

Patera - On Maddox Street, W1 and Fulham Road, SW3 and Beauchamp Place, SW3. Nice Thai food.

Pharis

Bars:

Elysium Lounge - 9 Glasshouse Street, W1. Very Slick

Lounge Lover - 1 Whitby Street, E2. A short walk from Brick Lane and it's set back from the street so look for the two light flames on the walk. Interesting cocktails.

Sketch - 9 Conduit Street, W1. Expensive and can be difficult to get into

Appartment 195 - On the King's Road. Can't remember the number but it's above Henry J Beans. Nearest cross street is Oakley Street. Member's Only bar but it's been known for people to blag their way in.

Denim is still around

Restaurants:

Locanda Locatelli - Seymour Street, W1. Attached to the back of the Intercontinental hotel on Portman Square. One of the best Italians in London. You'll need to book ahead though.

Scallini - Walton Street, SW3. Another good Italian in Knightsbridge

Chisou - Princes Street, W1. A few metres from Oxford Circus tube and Hanover Square. Small Japanese restaurant with very high quality food. Has one of the best sushi chefs in London. Book for supper as it gets very busy.

Sabzi - an organic cafe, next door to Chisou. Odd combinations for sandwiches but mighty tasty. I think they have the best tasting organic coffee in London

Nobu - at the Metropolitan Hotel, Old Park Lane. Best sushi in London.

Patera - On Maddox Street, W1 and Fulham Road, SW3 and Beauchamp Place, SW3. Nice Thai food.

Pharis

Gentleman. Slammin Kicks is a decent spot. In general, the standard is high. Offspring, Size and Foot Locker are decent enough. Foot Patrol better. Slammin does v. well with Nikes, but FP better if you're on the no-Nikes tip-du-jour. Gear: Agnes B on Floral St's quite fresh. Bond off Carnaby Street. Food, you can't lose. Best Turkish-levels Turkish in Arcola St, Hackney E8 - 15 mins from the Hoxton Nexus by bus, banging beyond belief. Masala Zone opp. Bond. Busaba eat-thai in Soho sets it off.

quien es mas macho?