justice. thank go d its over...

NESK

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's wack that they are liar/deceivers, but it was certainly not cool 2 talk about them ever since the dance track was produced and leaked.

see, that may have been where your threshold for them ended. but it was also the exact point where they became just generic enough to have every 17 year old aspiring american apparel employee running around showering them in praise. you basically cant even get heavy petting out of a scenester chick if you dont have this playing while you remove her boybriefs.

this topic has been discussed, they've been playing pre-recorded shit for quite some time, while they may be shit for djs there's no denying their studio wizardry

quoted for truth, just like daft punk, whos pre-programmed the 'alive' set too.

Both daft punk and Justice have produced great tracks and are a good live show/act. Although I'd love to see live electro being played, I don't think any big dj would do that every show or once for that matter. Why take the risk of fucking up when you can play your own produced tracks in any order and premixed state you desire. I dont think thats what people want out of them either, it would be fucking awesome to have djs making live music, but I dont think it will ever work out.

Justice puts on a great show, they build their sets up nice, the sets are put together and mixed very well, they have their own synchronized light show and when at the end of the set they walk away in total darkness only to come back to people screaming for an encore, and they play metallica's master of puppets with the whole crowd going wild, i dont think anyone cares its pre-programmed.

edt: although i can imagine trying to let go of something because hipsters/cwgs/cwds/guidos are hyping it up, but luckily thats not the case where im from.

word. i never fell for justice, something about them never felt authentic. though it is hard to play a live electro show, true musicians find authentic ways of doing it. correct me if im wrong, but the knife never wanted to play live because of this shit. so they took their time and put all they had into one live show that was off the chain. same with daft punk, but theyre just another story.

no i havent, but at least girltalk was honest. he just plugs in his laptop to the amps, clicks play, and lets the people do the rest. it could have easily been a mistake tho, but by the looks of the picture, they sure are doing some serious knob turning and flip switching.

quoted for truth, just like daft punk, whos pre-programmed the 'alive' set too.

Both daft punk and Justice have produced great tracks and are a good live show/act. Although I'd love to see live electro being played, I don't think any big dj would do that every show or once for that matter. Why take the risk of fucking up when you can play your own produced tracks in any order and premixed state you desire. I dont think thats what people want out of them either, it would be fucking awesome to have djs making live music, but I dont think it will ever work out.

Justice puts on a great show, they build their sets up nice, the sets are put together and mixed very well, they have their own synchronized light show and when at the end of the set they walk away in total darkness only to come back to people screaming for an encore, and they play metallica's master of puppets with the whole crowd going wild, i dont think anyone cares its pre-programmed.

edt: although i can imagine trying to let go of something because hipsters/cwgs/cwds/guidos are hyping it up, but luckily thats not the case where im from.

wtf, fuck you man... dj's do too make music on the fly its called a live pa.. it aint so big in the hipster electro scene but people like legowelt and richie hawtin have been doing it for years, before computers were even portable

this is the best live pa on the planet

http://www.keagan.org/music/[email protected]

thats not actually me bythe way, its bruno prest,mansdtiapo

wtf, fuck you man... dj's do too make music on the fly its called a live pa.. it aint so big in the hipster electro scene but people like legowelt and richie hawtin have been doing it for years, before computers were even portable

this is the best live pa on the planet

http://www.keagan.org/music/[email protected]

thats not actually me bythe way, its bruno prest,mansdtiapo

no, fuck you. I'm talking about djs/acts in the likes of justice/daft punk. ive been to justice and richie hawtin multiple times and richie hawtin is NOT electro. you dont know what you're talking about

Birth name Richard Hawtin

Born June 4, 1970 (1970-06-04) (age 38)

Oxfordshire, England

Origin Windsor, Ontario

Genre(s) Minimal techno

Label(s) Plus 8, M-nus, Warp

Website plastikman.com

by the years you know richie hawtin has been playing live electro you mean a couple months ago? when you were 17?