Bergdorf's stock Red Wings?

the_state

"Buffalo plaid (think lumberjacks and moose hunters—hello, Todd Palin!) seems to be the pattern of the season, and the flannel shirt, perhaps last considered a fashionable garment when Kurt Cobain was still alive, is once again ubiquitous."

Way to be on the cutting edge of men's fashion New York Observer. I also have serious problems with the comments from the dude in Williamsburg.

"Buffalo plaid (think lumberjacks and moose hunters—hello, Todd Palin!) seems to be the pattern of the season, and the flannel shirt, perhaps last considered a fashionable garment when Kurt Cobain was still alive, is once again ubiquitous."

Way to be on the cutting edge of men's fashion New York Observer. I also have serious problems with the comments from the dude in Williamsburg.

williamsburg fags are all big fucking pussies, plaid or no plaid. bitch ass niggas playin dressup.

This is my exact problem with these people, they seem to think that fashion is about perception. How many of those khaki and red wing pussies actually do manual labor? How many of them have ever stepped foot in the woods or milked a fucking cow?

The same reason why someone in a rural environment shouldn't be decked out in Rick Owens and Raf Simons it'd be incorrect to find someone in an urban environment to be wearing Red Wings and plaid shirts.

“There’s something stylish about the idea of punching the clock and feeling like the average American man,†said Randy Goldberg, editorial director of the men’s style blog Kempt.

i wanna fucking strangle these people.

seriously, not to sound derogatory but that's like the most painfully stereotypical homosexual shit i've ever heard. like they playin dress up and make believe while sippin chardonnay spritzers at the bistro at 11am breakfast on a thursday with other fabulous folks.

the fact that people on a fashion forum are tryin to pull cards of other fashion folk is kinda...ehh...but then again...

SUFU: WHERE ONLY THE REALEST FASHION NIGGAS RESIDE

yo i hear where you're coming from, but superbobo and cotton duck and bill and edmond aren't waxing poetic about the perceived romanticism of having a job involving manual labor. you know that randy goldberg is a chardonnay sippin, tim gunn sounding, 18 yr old filipino boy havin, nat sherman fantasia light smokin, no athletic talent having sissy ass mothafucka. he ain't no man.

aah, who cares. remember the apc butler jeans? we should do the same with our red wings. as the fashunzboyz don't have the time to wear in their boots, to look more authentic, they'll want beat up ones. let's put ours on the bay for at least $500.

its been a long time....

OMC BREAKDOWN™

1231. the dude from kempt is actually a really stand-up guy, and not at all a chardonnay-sippin' no athletic talent sissy motherfucker.

234. the observer may not be on the cutting-edge, but this report is incredibly

timely. just because a bunch of internet fashion geeks saw it coming doesnt mean

that it's already hit apex and the mainstream. stop being a condescending prick,

mulatto.

-45. the notion that one is relegated to dressing in a manner that reflects their environment negates the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF CLOTHING AS FASHION AND NOT JUST CLOTHING. we are absolutely free of the mandates of our environment, and even class in some cases. what the fuck are you supposed to do if you just plain old like flannel better than tweed, move from boston to vermont and trade in your days as a college professor for a life of maple trees? lawless officially laid down the most childish take on fashion i have ever read.

12. what exactly is wrong with waxing poetic about style?

12. what exactly is wrong with smoking nat sherman cigarettes?

12. lib hit the nail on the head. this thread is officially tarded.

-695. all of us are playing dress up and make believe. every single one of us. unless you wear a uniform every single day that is handed to you by an employer, you are engaged in dressing up and making believe that you are that idealized image of yourself that you have in your head. you choose your clothing according to what you feel is going to suit that image in your head and project it outwardly the best you can.

67. that williamsburg dude is as tarded as this thread, although he's right.

-205. i bet if you got cotton duck or bill or edmond ranged up for an interview, they'd wax poetic about what it is that inspires them to dress the way they do.