j.crew chambray "workshirt"

vamks

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/shirts/washedfavoriteshirts/PRDOVR~84018/84018.jsp

I'm not sure what sufu thinks of j.crew, but this caught my eye the other day.

"Inspired by vintage workwear from the early 1900s and washed for softness. Cotton chambray. Tailored fit—a slimmer, more tailored cut with a made-to-measure feel. Vintage-inspired tab collar with hidden button to secure it. Two-button extended collar band. Standard placket. Chest pockets. Back yoke with two pleats. Finished with bespoke-inspired signature details our designers update every year. Shirttail hem. Import. Machine wash."

The description leaves a lot of holes however. Does anyone have any info on where exactly they're imported from? Just curious, thanks.

Have always had awesome experiences with jcrew. Today I went there and brought back a couple items that I had from a year ago that were too big.. I didnt have a receipt or any tags on the clothing.. a few of the items had even been washed and wore a time or two. They let me exchange the items for exactly the same type with no charge and no hassle. Got the herringbone vest, 2 button ups and a henley.. different colors and a size smaller..

I've also had items for years that have plenty of wear into them that look exactly how they did when i bought them.. thumbs up for jcrew, especially with the 15% discount

The description leaves a lot of holes however. Does anyone have any info on where exactly they're imported from? Just curious, thanks.

I own it, it's made in China. However, it's not a bad shirt, but I wouldn't pay 98 for it. For around that price you can get a higher quality chambray from Sugar Cane. But if you can find it on sale for less it's a good option for a nice looking and fairly well made vintage style chambray (I found mine new on ebay for 49).

Some people might hate, but I really like the fit and construction of stuff at J.Crew, the only thing is that everything is like 50% overpriced. I almost always walk straight to the sale rack and it's especially nice when everything on sale is an extra 25% off so you can add that to the student discount for a really nice price

i feel the same way. their stuff is overpriced at retail but you can always get 15% off as a student.. and other discounts are pretty common.

Does this work in-store using your student ID, or do they have to email you a discount coupon to a university email address first?

I still have my old ID from college (no expiration date).........pair of shoes I want there.

You could easily have the tab removed.

I like the shirt. I think they featured it on GQ.com last year. It's very "country". Not like country music, but like midwestern farm country.

if i'm paying $100 for a denim shirt then it better be how it want it. i don't want to be inconvenienced with having to bring it to the tailor and paying him money to take it off.