Skype Cannot Connect

home

feel bad for posting a tech question on here but i can't register for the skype community forum thingo.

downloaded latest skype, entered my details on startup to register (first time user), it thinks for a minute or two, then goes 'skype cannot connect' - try restarting (tried) or contact network admin (can't say i have them on speed-dial).

my internet is working fine, skype is working fine for my roommate - im thinking its gotta be some sort of security setting. i've checked the windows firewall and skype is on the exceptions list. i run AVG free as well but i dont know if this is relevant.

im on XP, SP2 - my msn messenger works fine, but limewire doesnt.

help a brother out? my family thinks im dead.

I may be able to help out here – if you could provide me with some more information, that would be great:

• do you get an error number with the ‘Skype cannot connect’ message?

• do you have any other firewall software running? (Check the Skype firewall guide for more details)

• are you able to connect to Skype in other locations, e.g. on wifi in a cafe?

I may be able to help out here – if you could provide me with some more information, that would be great:

• do you get an error number with the ‘Skype cannot connect’ message?

• do you have any other firewall software running? (Check the Skype firewall guide for more details)

• are you able to connect to Skype in other locations, e.g. on wifi in a cafe?

nope, that's not it.