The Beatles vs. The Beach Boys

mr fluffernutter

The Beatles vs. The Beach Boys?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. The Beatles vs. The Beach Boys?

• The Beatles (Ringo Starr)
    • The Beach Boys (Brian Wilson)

Ringo never fails to make me laugh. I love how much he was picked on in the old beatles movies

thank you. this is a far more worthy and more compelling discussion. ;/

i prefer the beatles early stuff. i dont really dig their progress and experiments with their latter albums.

i like the beach boys and have been listening to them quite a lot but i dont like their albums, but i like their singles a lot.

i must say that i appreciate what what both bands have done to revolutionize music as we know now.

Pet Sounds is better and more coherent than anything The Beatles put out and "Good Vibrations" is a better song than anything The Beatles ever did, but The Beatles' body of work trumps The Beach Boys'.

every time someone says that pet sounds is an all-time great record i want to gut them like a pig.

Please Uncle Kunk I hope you still love me:(

GEORGE HARRlSON

YES!!!

This is too tough to pick one, but Ive been listneing to more Beach Boys lately. I love the Beatles and their songs, but the Beach Boys really get me. I was listening to Wendy the other day and was thinking if I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life I would probably pick that one, now I'm thinking maybe Surfs Up.. fuck. Shit gets me in my soul...

Pet Sounds is better and more coherent than anything The Beatles put out and "Good Vibrations" is a better song than anything The Beatles ever did, but The Beatles' body of work trumps The Beach Boys'.

Pretty much yeah.

Brian Wilson is a fucking genius with melodies and arrangements.

co-sign.

Also, Beach Boys are vastly more enjoyable to listen to; some of the best pop songs ever made. Especiallllllllllly with the windows down.