The offical beatdown/toughguy appreciation thread

In order to restore the cosmic hardcore balance that the powerviolence thread has disturbed, I present to you the beatdown appreciation thread. This is a place for people to discuss their love of white-trash beatdown hardcore, toughguy, jock-core and any other beatdown related genres.

Just to keep the thread on track, if there are no sweatpants/basketball shorts, sleevless vests or wiggerish hand gestures it aint beatdown and it doesnt belong here.

Ill start things off with some retaliate, from belgium (we got the beatdown game on lock bitches!)

oKlDbj2q3hk

hahahaha, my old roommate was seriously was too serious about this genre, some of its fun to listen to though. a bit more metalcore than the bands you just listed, but the acacia strain is one of my favorite live bands (the new album is wayy metalcore though) and this band from england called six foot ditch is just hateful

....oh yea and around thesse parts if you aint part of a T-shirt mafia / crew you'll get BEATDOWN by the tough guys reppin whatever logo's screenprinted on their T-shirt, quite laughable to be honest.

I seriously cannot stand that. It makes me SO angry to see that happen at a show. I went to see Every Time I Die, which was definitely a really scene show, and High on Fire was opening with another band before them I can't remember, maybe the chariot. Everyone was dancing and having a great time until high on fire came on and some tshirt mafia guys showed up and started beating up anyone in the "dance floor". They were even pushing around the girls. It seriously turned into like... the most outrageous thing I've ever seen where 2 guys would dance pretending to be gay and the shirt kids would seriously just punch them in the face and then look tough standing in the middle of the cleared floor.... I was standing behind one of them and he turned around adn bumped into ME and then punched ME in the face. Who does that???

we kicked their asses when every time i die came on. royally kicked their asses.

hahahaha, my old roommate was seriously was too serious about this genre, some of its fun to listen to though. a bit more metalcore than the bands you just listed, but the acacia strain is one of my favorite live bands (the new album is wayy metalcore though) and this band from england called six foot ditch is just hateful

Six ft ditch are great, but mostly cos they are just taking the piss, although many people havent realised that yet.

For your enjoyment:

ymYva17dI-g

I seriously cannot stand that. It makes me SO angry to see that happen at a show. I went to see Every Time I Die, which was definitely a really scene show, and High on Fire was opening with another band before them I can't remember, maybe the chariot. Everyone was dancing and having a great time until high on fire came on and some tshirt mafia guys showed up and started beating up anyone in the "dance floor". They were even pushing around the girls. It seriously turned into like... the most outrageous thing I've ever seen where 2 guys would dance pretending to be gay and the shirt kids would seriously just punch them in the face and then look tough standing in the middle of the cleared floor.... I was standing behind one of them and he turned around adn bumped into ME and then punched ME in the face. Who does that???

we kicked their asses when every time i die came on. royally kicked their asses.

Maybe I haven't been to enough scene'y shows lately...but what exactly is this t=shirt mafia? Is it like a bunch of meatheads wearing the same graphic logo on a shirt? Is it like a certain band they rep on the shirt...or just some shit like some "I'm with stupid -->" steez?

Either way...sounds horrendous.