shoes in london

freshfood

c&j tend to be about £230 full price. Church's probably similar.

Interestingly enough John Lewis have a seemingly arbitrary selection of C&J shoes in at any one time, typically £10-15 less than you'd pay elsewhere. Obviously unless you're desperate/want a particularly popular style it's best to wait for the sale (or pop up to the factory outlets in Northampton).

thanks for the inputs!

lloyd, for c&j, are you talking about the regular line or the higher end handgrade shoes? and when are the summer and winter sales, usually? i'm not from london, but i'm going to be spending quite a bit of time there in the future.

Regular, and haven't a clue, sorry!

if you're looking for shoes in London you have to go to the shop Poste..just an amazing shop for shoe lovers..L

true, but you won't find any of the brands the o/p was after there!

... if you want a good quality pair of oxfords but a bit cheaper then Loake would be a good choice, depending on where you look you can get them for around £70-80.

I think Loakes are really good shoes for the price. Very easy to find at less than normal retail too. There is a bespoke suit maker on Well Court, off Bow Lane in the City, that also sells Loakes at low prices.

Another shop for nice shoes at good prices is 5th Avenue Shoe Repairs at 41 Goodge St. The repair work they do is expensive (comparable to sending shoes back to the manufacturers), i.e. £70 for a full re-sole of a welted shoe, however the workmanship is excellent.