Düsseldorf

PAND

I've just been told that I may be going to Dusseldorf with work for 14 days in August. Initially I was disappointed that it wasn't Berlin or Munich, but I'm sure the city has food and shops to offer.

Any Dusselforians on here?

I live close to Duesseldorf and I have to say I do not go there unless I really have to.

Seriously, Duesseldorf has a nice old town that is located directly by the river rhein. That's it about nice things in Duesseldorf.

Sure, there is much to do as it's a medium-sized city but nothing there is really special. It's seen to be the Fashion Capital of Germany but that's rather due to historical reasons. The innovative and interesting stuff is all in Berlin. Undoubtedly, Berlin is the place to be in Germany !!! Berlin has its own identity and flair.

Duesseldorf in contrast is the place for snob people and their spoilt teens. People in Duesseldorf are arrogant and haughty. Its awesome and naff !!!

Sorry to say all this...

By the way, ryanair flies to "Duesseldorf Weeze" which is rather somewhere close to the border to the netherlands. Don't know why they are allowed to call the airport "Duesseldorf Weeze" because it has little to do with Duesseldorf...