Ktz Ss08

Guest binaural

Guest binaural
been done before and better (see Bernhard Willhelm, Henrik Vibskov, Jeremy Scott, and friends)

hm. i don't know. KTZ would definitely be considered "friends" and have been at it for a long time as well.

Guest binaural
look like cheap imitations to me but i dont know much about fruteswagz

i don't really see any direct imitation here. if anything, it's possible that certain designers (David david slightly, for instance and maybe cassette playa) taking a few cues (maybe) and toning it way down (david David) in some cases. i'm thinking of the tribal prints KTZ did last summer that i'm seeing a LOT of this year. not saying they originated the shit, but they did do a lot of it a few seasons back. who knows. it's pretty subjective.

Kokon to Zai was actually one of the first stockists for Jeremy Scott and Bernhard Willhelm and, in general, has always supported emerging designers (of the avant garde variety hence their "friendship" and close affiliation with the likes of Willhelm, Vibskov, etc ). they also had a lot to do with the whole Nu Rave thing happening, for better or worse, but in my opinion, are moving away from that and are little more imaginative than some of their more nu rave-y contemporaries

Marjan Pejoski (co-owner and one of the designers) is also no joke.

manheels.jpg

the stuff's not for everyone, to be sure. to each his own. whatevs. M.I.A. and Bjork are all about it! lol.

Guest binaural
yah. I dig, the bags are horrid but the rest- especially that third look are super.

that balloon :eek:

edit;

manheels.jpg

this is fucking killer

yeah, that's from Marjan Pejoski's AW07 collection. he's great. the SS08 stuff is looking pretty hot as well.

Guest binaural
I tend to really like this type of thing (a lot of patterning), but i agree it is definitely reminiscent of some Jeremy Scott designs as well as some David David for me. Though, what is that large front backpack item...

That's just a regular backpack, styled oddly.

I agree, it's similar to some other things like David David, but what I was saying was that a lot of the prints David David are using this season, KTZ did about a year ago, but in a different way... more over the top. I also think that this stuff is a little more ready-to-wear than Jeremy Scott, who I also like.

Guest binaural

I agree, it's similar to some other things like David David, but what I was saying was that a lot of the prints David David are using this season, KTZ did about a year ago, but in a different way... more over the top. I also think that this stuff is a little more ready-to-wear than Jeremy Scott, who I also like.

Tribal prints like these from SS07. The similarity sorta ends there, though. David David is pretty different than this. To be honest, I think DD pushed that sort of print further and to great effect. Their overall sensibilty is completely different.

Of course, this collection was pretty "nu rave" looking.

l_602876267581432053b9a189c3af8399.jpg

l_4546c27e80fcf577fa7ff5e10cc4b702.jpg

l_b4bce8df8de4b884270123c803ac7a6d.jpg

I agree definitely that this line is more wearable than a lot of Jeremy Scott designs. JS seems to really use a level of theatrics (I don't know if thats the right word choice) or even a sort of costume element. I agree David David does this more effectively, the patterns a bit more balanced and are seem to have a bit more cohesion between each piece. Overall I do like this collection though, and there are some pieced I wouldn't hesitate to wear.

• 2 months later...
bit of la late pass but diamonds you spacker, kokontozai been around the block a good few times .. just as if not more credible than those RaViN* designers you listed...

which incidentally, all stock at the kokontozai boutique ;)

to be str8 up i didnt even know what brand this was when i posted

Guest binaural
to be str8 up i didnt even know what brand this was when i posted

(backpedaling!)

sure you didn't. :) you know how to read, right? or do you just jump at the chance to shit on people (on a message board, no less. ha ha) ?

think maybe you talk out your ass a bit? yeah.

whatever, man. you said you didn't like it, fine, but now a few other people chime in favorably and your tune changes. really...

(backpedaling!)

sure you didn't. :) you know how to read, right? or do you just jump at the chance to shit on people (on a message board, no less. ha ha) ?

think maybe you talk out your ass a bit? yeah.

whatever, man. you said you didn't like it, fine, but now a few other people chime in favorably and your tune changes. really...

i never said i liked it. also never said i wasn't talking out my ass, d .. :eek:

to be honest, i didn't really pay much attention to the actual thread, just looked at the pictures and saw KTZ (which i didn't recognize as kokon to zai) hehehe

Guest binaural
i never said i liked it. also never said i wasn't talking out my ass, nor denied that i was brain dead .. :eek:

yeah. read what i wrote again. are you a illiterate too?

Guest binaural
i never said i liked it. also never said i wasn't talking out my ass, d .. :eek:

to be honest, i didn't really pay much attention to the actual thread, just looked at the pictures and saw KTZ (which i didn't recognize as kokon to zai) hehehe

whatever, man. it's kinda clear that you have/had no idea either way about this shit. doesn't matter.

anyway, who gives a shit? you don't dig it, never did, never heard of it...who cares. though, i think you're kind of full of it. also, dumping on other people (on a message board, anonymously) b/c you you have diff taste is pretty weak... yet hilarious.

whatever, man. backpedaling's cool. it's kinda clear that you have/had no idea either way about this shit. doesn't matter. now you wanna pretend you're in the know or something.

anyway, i could give a shit. you don't dig it, never did, who cares. though, i think you're kind of full of it.

read what iwrote . i said i had no idea about your fruteswagz.