SLAM x HYPE DOESNT KNOW SHIT ABOUT SHIT

MilSpex

http://www.slamxhype.com/?page_id=12&mode=features

BAPExGOOD CHARLOTTE a strange idea? APE has been all about Hip Hop until now? What the fuck? Yeah APE has been doin collabs with ROCK bands, Punk aswell for YEARS. Do you know Hoff Dylan? Do you know Cherie? Do you know Beck? JFA at BAPE Gallery? All these ARENT HIP HOP and crossed over with BATHING APE YEARS AGO. Do you know NIGO is a BEATLES FAN?? He has one of the largest collections of Beatles merch on earth. He just collabs with anyone hes feeling. Yeah I agree Good Charlotte is bullshit but dont act like APE has been all about hip hop until now. Dont act like you know shit, SLAM HYPE newbies.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Well, I think the guy who writes the blog is like a lot of us; he assembles info about a topic from what he finds online. Mostly a cut and paste job. He's young and sometimes misspeaks, but I wouldn't take offense. I think his blog and the others like it are a nice service. It's a place that has info about things I'm interested in (well, some of it) all assembled in one place.

ok...i apologize..i read the article n see where your gripe comes from but i dont agree...basically...the argument is about bapes credibility......whether or not it was hip hop or not...bape collaporated or associated with musicians or artists(regardless of genre)that had some credibility......good charlotte is embarresingly horibble so you wonder whats going thru nigos head......

This is the stupidest post on this forum I've yet seen. Congrats, dude.

Jesus. I clicked the link and contrary to your bullshit rant, he's not saying that Bathing Ape is a hip-hop only brand; rather, he's saying that Good Charlotte are a bunch of fucking idiotic posers, which is very true. So is Bathing Ape, for that fact. So, frankly, their "collaboration" isn't much of a surprise.

Edited by minya on Oct 7, 2005 at 08:00 PM

Slam is so-so. On some ocasions he posts great info for those who don't have much time to search through lots of forums/ websites, but most of his posts drops info on stuff that is taken from other sites or posts about gear that sucks (ie: BAPE).

Edited by super on Oct 7, 2005 at 08:38 PM

Quote:

This is the stupidest post on this forum I've yet seen. Congrats, dude.

Jesus. I clicked the link and contrary to your bullshit rant, he's not saying that Bathing Ape is a hip-hop only brand; rather, he's saying that Good Charlotte are a bunch of fucking idiotic posers, which is very true. So is Bathing Ape, for that fact. So, frankly, their "collaboration" isn't much of a surprise.

Edited by minya on Oct 7, 2005 at 08:00 PM

--- Original message by minya on Oct 7, 2005 07:54 PM

QUOTE FROM SLAMxHYPE: `Hip hop has always been BapeÂfs thing. ThereÂfs Ape sounds and the Mo Wax collaborations, the collaborations with graf artists like Futura and Kaws, and the nod to street kicks like the Superstar and the AF1. Just last week the The Roots were pushing the Bape barrel. Playing a show in Osaka, Black Thought was decked in his Bape-stas and a camo Bape T (plus a nice pair of Evisu camouflage shorts). And then thereÂfs Pharrell. Would Bape have the same name recognition in the US today if it wasnÂft for his free promotion?`

Read the first sentence retard. Yes he is saying Bathing Ape is a hip hop only brand. He doesnt mention any of Nigo`s non-hip hop collabs in this paragraph either. `Hip hop has always been Bape`s thing`- What does he mean? Always been Bape`s thing since he heard of the brand? Like since 2 years ago maybe? Apes been going since `93 and I`ve been a fan since `97, I was at the early Bape Heads Shows that would have rock, noise and punk acts. pisses me off people talking like they know when they don`t. Get some KNOWLEDGE.

Edited by MilSpex on Oct 7, 2005 at 09:48 PM

NOW read this sentence...

No the problem isn’t that Good Charlotte are punks. The problem is that they aren’t. All their posing and neatly manicured punk-chic can’t disguise the bland taste of their non-toxic play-dough pop. Want to know what a punk looks like? Liston to what Sex Pistol John Lydon has to say about the commercial regulation of punk style in the excellent documentary ‘The Filth and the Fury’.

Quote:

uhh.. they all wear make up. more importantly what the hell is wrong with that?

--- Original message by chimpanjesus on Oct 8, 2005 02:46 AM

theres a lot wrong with guys that wear makeup

Quote:

NOW read this sentence...

No the problem isn’t that Good Charlotte are punks. The problem is that they aren’t. All their posing and neatly manicured punk-chic can’t disguise the bland taste of their non-toxic play-dough pop. Want to know what a punk looks like? Liston to what Sex Pistol John Lydon has to say about the commercial regulation of punk style in the excellent documentary ‘The Filth and the Fury’.

--- Original message by powerglov on Oct 7, 2005 10:02 PM

whats your point?

Quote:

MILSPEX = SINGER FROM GOOD CHARLOTTE (the one who wears makeup!) !!!!!!! icon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gif

--- Original message by KING CHOCOLATE on Oct 7, 2005 11:38 PM

Nah I rock my makeup like Gene Simmons

Just real quick. Slam X Hype and Hype Beast get a lot hate for their content, their ideas, etc... I don't wear or even like everything they post...but they are doing their thing. Their traffic is huge, i know this for a fact, and they are having fun with it.

It's easy to sit back and knock somebody elses thing...but what are YOU doing? Put some thickness in your words and make a hate post on YOUR high-traffic blog.

But yo...in my classic fashion: KEEP HATING! We love it, all of us, anything that drives our traffic up!!!

www.slamxhype.com

ww.hypebeast.com

www.asilentflute.com

www.thebrilliance.com

Just having fun with it.

MilSpex my point was that... sure maybe SlamxHype doesn't know as much as you about Bapes pre-American-hip-hop-trend stage.. but he DOES know that it's lame for Bape to be collaborating with the likes of Good Charlotte. THAT was his main point.

.. but seriously what are you doing with your life?

It's like Leah from MTTM said...

"I read recently on a board that I was a stuck up cunt and should be turned away at

the gates of heaven, that was the greatest thing I have ever heard. Fucking hysterical!

All the people gossiping are a bunch of nerdy dudes who are such losers that they

would stand on line to get a shirt or the newest dunk/Jordan etc. Fucking lame.

They also probably have tiny dicks and can’t get fucked. "

PS. What's up BENJAMIN!

god x nopattern promos x stupid real estate posts x we don't care about your stan smiths x stupid collabo jokes like this one x repeating "steve jobs is willy wonka (by the way I coined that)" a bunch

and why are girls biting lil kim... you think she has to remind herself to curse?

"keep doing your thing" hah...

Edited by artificialsky on Oct 8, 2005 at 04:21 PM

artificialsky (is that the name of your band? or your t-shirt company?),

From your joke its obvious read each one of our posts. Thanks for the love man. Just a quick thing though. Can you please link my site next time you hate? I hope it's not too much extra work! Thanks though man, for real. Also, thanks for putting it in all caps, kind of part of our branding, good to see you pay attention.

You know what kind of shoes I wear.......you being a grown man (I'm assuming) knowing exactly what kind of shoes another dude on 'the web' wears. That's classic.

*What up Peter.

i check your website, you check here reading my posts about your website. keep doing your thing

only difference here is that you don't know what shoes I wear. because I don't bother to list them in the posts I make

which you read.

because you sweat it.

and yes. check my t-shirt company at artificialsky.com, we have the limited artificialsky x brilliance x adidas stan smith. it's classic.

Ugh, I did it to myself. Shouldn't have posted on a forum.

Either way. I don't know what blog you write for...?

I don't sweat things. Maybe a couple girls...but thats it.

That's all I've got...sorry, it wasn't a very good response, his wasn't either. I'm done, out for the evening!

Edited by BNJM EDGR on Oct 8, 2005 at 05:22 PM

diff23.jpg

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Edited by jjs home on Oct 9, 2005 at 07:02 AM

Quote:

Ugh, I did it to myself. Shouldn't have posted on a forum.

Either way. I don't know what blog you write for...?

I don't sweat things. Maybe a couple girls...but thats it.

That's all I've got...sorry, it wasn't a very good response, his wasn't either. I'm done, out for the evening!

Edited by BNJM EDGR on Oct 8, 2005 at 05:22 PM

--- Original message by BNJM EDGR on Oct 8, 2005 05:21 PM

yeah u got a blog, big fucken deal. where`s that gonna getchya in life exactly? sorry Im too busy to post more and reply coz I got so much happening in my life.

Someday: JFA didnt play at Bape Gallery. There was an exhibition there showcasing their artwork 2 years ago. I thought slamhype woulda at least picked up on that since it happened in the last 5 minutes.