Red Wing boots

triniboy27

I've been thinking of getting a Red Wing ankle boot for fall. The real vintage, worn out, are the best ..but no luck with size. Anyone knows where good stores in NYC has them? I'm having little time to window shop these days so hitting on the right stores would be great.

I just bargained a pair of last seasons Red Wings out of the Duffer Shop - £120 for the last pair of seven hole camel suede ankle boots. I'm loving them so far and thinking of getting another pair ... I had my initial reservations, but they're not as heavy as I thought the would be - in fact, with the crepe sole they're so much like sneakers that I've hardly noticed the difference.

I 'm ashamed to admit that the short answer is : Naw, I can't. But Droogi has them online if you want a pic of the leather version ... cheap too (for the UK). I don't think the suede is available any more though .... might have been replaced by the 1905 Centenary boot.

[https://sslrelay.com/s102014503.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1542cdce81b6e51/shopdata/index.shopscript] </a>

they have a line with the white barnsole for acid and shit. those are very hard to break in. then you have some redwings with the poron 2000 insole and they are mad comfy.

there used to be a red wing store on kennedy. it has since left. i bought redwings way back in the day. they were very popular with the japanese kids.

the eclipse is nigh

I had a pair of redwing 2233 boots from 10 years ago which was extremely comfortable as I had worn them to death..still in great condition but hardly wear them now.

2 years ago I bought a pair of redwings 8130 (black ones with white soles). Loved the look but despite wearing them quite a fair bit, I can't quite seem to get them seasoned, and it kinda hurts a bit around the ankle area on the front...

Anybody have a similar experience with the 8130s? anything to soften the leather?

• 3 weeks later...