shipping from other countries to US

rnrswitch

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with getting mail from other countries to the US. I live in the US and have had two packages go missing from canada. I wanted to order some nudies from sweden and am kinda sketched on the shipping. I don't know if since sept 11 they have tightened up packages coming in. Lend some feedback please.

thanks

i have family in germany who send me packages once in a while and i've never had problems. you should make sure the person sending the package declares it as a gift and marks the value no higher than $50, otherwise you'll have to pay fees.

but two packages completely getting lost... i think someone's ripping you off. are you sure the sender is legit?

two packages lost? sounds shady to me.

i run a mail order and distribution company out of canada, so i deal with very small to very large shipments. over the past decade, ive shipped thousands if not tens of thousands of packages to everywhere from down the street, to the us, to dubai to japan, and ive never lost a single shipment ever.

customs seems to have buckled down and look at packages with a bit more diligence the past few years. but at worst that only leads to higher duty added onto packages (that may or may not have had their value marked low to avoid higher tariffs), and could also lead to a longer wait for your package if they hold it up for inspection.

id be very weary of the person shipping to you if they say a package was lost. ask them for the receipts. any package that isnt small enough to fit in a cd mailer will have a customs slip with both sender and receivers addresses, the date shipped, post office number, postage rate, and a post office stamp that marks the date the package was posted.

Edited by culture on Sep 27, 2005 at 12:13 PM