An Evening with The Mars Volta///New Orleans

So, I just got back from the Mars Volta show in New Orleans tonight. It was an amazing live show. All the musicians in that band are incredibly talented. Their new drummer, Thomas Pridgen, performed remarkably well tonight.

Has anyone caught them anywhere else?

If so, what did you think?

So, I just got back from the Mars Volta show in New Orleans tonight. It was an amazing live show. All the musicians in that band are incredibly talented. Their new drummer, Thomas Pridgen, performed remarkably well tonight.

Has anyone caught them anywhere else?

If so, what did you think?

not a big fan of them

prefer at.the.drive-in.

and Sparta

:cool:

ive seen them a few times and i think it depends on the venue. i saw them headline on 05/05/05 at roseland ballroom in nyc and they were INSANE. they brought out larry harlow, the salsa pioneer. just one of those perfect nights...

i also saw them another time when they opened for the RHCP. it was at continental airlines arena, which was too large a venue to appreciate them. its tough to get just how complex their music can be with that much echo and reverb.