Online bedding stores

sistersuzie

I don't know how much coin you have to spend, or if anyone else has discovered the magic that is Scandia Down, but honestly the basics are worth the investment (mine are going 10+ years strong).. they make some linens as well, but the pillows and comforters are where it's at - you spend 1/3rd of your life in bed, so why not do it right?

http://www.scandiadown.com/

so much about choosing bedding comes from feeling the materials and just finding one that feels right against skin no?

i'd suggest not purchasing it from a webstore but doing walk ins. i dont know how much you're willing to blow but i know abc carpets in new york sells some super super nice cotton. its a home departmenet store (high end) that has a whole floor dedicated to bedding.

subarashi,

egyptian cotton too comes in grades. of course the basis for finding nice sheets is egyptian cotton + high threadcount but this principle applies to cashmere too.

eg. uniqlo cashmere isn't the same as say, loro piana cashmere.

to really gauge it you really need to feel it first.

So I'm also looking for some sheets and pillows for my bed (which is just a matress right now). I'm looking for something that is either all white or has a white-ish tone (like in the picture posted a couple posts up). I'm not looking to pay mark-up prices.. so if I was going to shop on ebay or something similar, what exactly do I look for? Are there specific brands that I can look for that will for sure be of high quality? I just want something that will last me a long time.

I'm not looking for some homo super soft sheets.. my skin isn't delicate and i'm not some homo-princess.. I just want something that will last and is breathable.