Do you ever wish...

chrisj

well honestly,

My life would definatley be simpler, and more boring.

Clothing is one of my few hobbies, and without it I wold have none and wouldn't look that good probably.

I just wanna score with some chicks in life

that's all I ask!!

I like to be known as the "fag that isn't gay" at school, I like to dress better than the people around me.

I like to be known as the "fag that isn't gay" at school, I like to dress better than the people around me.

i've never heard it so true

but unfortunately people think i'm gay because i take girls shopping but its actually just so i can see them in nothing.

awesome deal.

i can already fit all my clothes in a suitcase. its shoes that are my problem.

9+ pairs

I can fit all my clothes (except my coat) into a reasonably sized suitcase.

I like to say my wardrobe is 'minimalistic' but everyone knows I'm just broke.

respectable.

im in a process of restricting my consumerist tendencies. Althought I've realized that you can't totally be against consumerism living in America, but you can choose to be aware of the decisions that you make personally involving what and how you consume. I love America, I love consumerism and capitalism but I find more value in knowing and really analyzing the things that are purchased rather than the act of purchase which is a lesser issue in my eyes and becomes irrelevant if you really care about the product being purchased/consumed. You can get closer to the true happiness of owning material possessions if you are very conscious of what it is you're buying and it's overall value and need. People too often participate in consumerist tendencies without much thought and the pleasure is misplaced on the act of buying, which usually ends up in purchasing items with little need or overall value inherent in them.

consumerism is not a bad thing if you take the time to understand it, and can make decisions based on your understanding. It becomes less depressing and more empowering to truly know why, how and what you consume.

if that makes any sense at all.:confused:

Unfortunately 'consumerism' is a hot potato keyword. What ends up happening is that we are sold the same product, but it's repackaged and marketed as less capitalistic. Look what 'green' has become in the past year alone.

If you were to actually escape it, you'd live in an outhouse running on vegetable oil and wearing second-hand clothes or clothes made of recycled material.

Without stupid consumers like us, capitalists can't make moneeeeey...

I think what's better is to try to increase our assets before spending on luxuries like clothing. Don't settle for a job, don't fuck around getting yourself broke over expensive beasty clothings. Don't even think about spending money untill you have proper cashflow. And by that I mean more than a paycheck.