Acne unwashed 1st day

coolhunter

I've had my max's about 6 months also. I've had a lot of problems with them, but the tailor took care of them. First all of the rivets on the backpackets broke off making the pockets hang, but I just sewed them back. Then the zipper broke so I had them sew a new one in. They really started to fade recently and are starting to look good

Quote:

I've had my max's about 6 months also. I've had a lot of problems with them, but the tailor took care of them. First all of the rivets on the backpackets broke off making the pockets hang, but I just sewed them back. Then the zipper broke so I had them sew a new one in. They really started to fade recently and are starting to look good

--- Original message by Justice on Mar 20, 2006 11:03 AM

IME, Acne's are rather poor quality for their stateside price (~$250+). At the Swedish price, they are decent value. And I can't figure out whether they are blowing up faster than Nudie or not - every "hipster" I know has or is thinking of picking up a pair. Personally, I say that if you are a big fan of the Wrangler coin pocket, get yourself a pair of 5EPs. Much better quality, and the 5EP Straight and Acne MAX are not disimilar in cut (although the 5EP straight is wider in the thighs and butt.)

Your right, they dont got all that much wear. I think there are several reasons, they dont bleed very much, which I kinda like...that makes the

wearmarks more pronounced and less blurry.

Plus the fact that I havent worn them that hard, maybe an average of 3 times a week while doing ordinary stuff. And they are quite thin and soft..I do use starch but after a couple of hours of wear they go back to normal.

I dont even know If im going to wash them...ever. It helps when you dont count the hours youve worn them, if it wasnt for my old post I wouldnt have remebered when I got them :) and the fact they dont stink, feel dirty/sweaty and looks awesome, a dark rich blue/black shiny color.

-_-

Edited by coolhunter on Mar 20, 2006 at 06:47 PM

Edited by coolhunter on Mar 20, 2006 at 08:10 PM

la guy,

i've seen in every thread that acne jeans' have been mentioned, you've said that they are not worth the money, poor quality, etc. can you please elaborate? i've been interested in a pair for a while, but haven't actually tried them on....so i'd be interested in what you have to say.

from the pictures, they look nice, holds dye, good cut. but like i said, i've never touched the denim in person.

yes, mold.

If you wear your jeans alot and in hard conditions you can start growing mold on them. Its all the sweat, dirt, bacteria and other nasty stuff that they collect. Add a warm summer and you got yourself a pair of radioactive pants.

It did happend to Örjan Andersson, the man behind cheap monday, when he wore his jeans for a year or so while redoing his office and other hard labour. He had to visit a doctor because he got serious rashes all over his legs from all the dirt on his jeans.

I would guess the doctor ordered him to wash them icon_smile_big.gif

For me, it would take nothing short of an presidential order icon_smile_cool.gif

-_-

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...