Heading to Tokyo in February

jienster

It's gona be a family trip , and since it's my first time going to Japan, i'd be following a tour. We are given like a day to shop in Tokyo. My main shopping destination would be Harajuku (supreme,nbhd, bape *and any shops you good folks recommend*).

Can anyone recommend me how to get around quickly in Harajuku coz time may be my main constrain. I'd like to visit Shibuya too if i have the time. I've heard of this shop called Americaya, how'd i get there?

Also, can anyone suggest places to shop for clothings, nothing too fancy but nice Japanese craftmanship quality (for my parents? ). Much appreciated people, cheers!

P/s and how about food? :)

Can anyone recommend me how to get around quickly in Harajuku coz time may be my main constrain.

Yeah, kids with "free hugs" signs could probably give you a piggyback ride down Takeshita-dori.

Or you might want to ask the Nigerians selling sunglasses if they could hold your hand and show you around.

Yeah, kids with "free hugs" signs could probably give you a piggyback ride down Takeshita-dori.

Or you might want to ask the Nigerians selling sunglasses if they could hold your hand and show you around.

I seen em in Shibuya and I was about to get a hug, but them somebody cut in front of me and straight hug sniped me!

What the fuck is the deal with them anyways??

To the OP, グーさんと頑張れ!

alright, so since youre new, everyone is pretty much giving you shit. But, so you know, if you only have a day, I wouldn't recommend going to harajuku, it's pretty far removed from everywhere else and all the stores you mentioned are pretty damn far apart. So you're one day of shopping would mostly be spent getting to harajuku and then finding the stores.

I'd say, from the kind of stuff you said you're looking for, to check out nishi nippori. It's not well known to foreigners, but a lot of the fashion stuff is centralized there. They have an americaya and a lot of high fashion/street stores too. Can't go wrong. Food there is also great, there's a local fishmarket that you can go to and get fresh cut sushi for next to nothing.

It's also about... 15 minutes walking from shibuya.

Have fun and take photos.

i cant figure out whether that post above is sarcastic or not

Not to ruin the point of so-sos post but, yeah, sarcastic. At least to my knowledge, nishi nippori is just old temples and old houses.

Maybe you were sarcastic too?

edit: and yeah, definitely not walking distance from shibuya.