Australia!

TonyxTony

hey guys, coming from Australia Brisbane here....

just wondering if anyone know anywhere to sell quality jeans?

something like LVC, APC, jap brand etc

at General pants, there are lee, wrangle, levis(not lvc), tsubi/ksubi, nudie etc etc.. but not the ones i mention above. :(

so yea, anyone know anywhere that selll LVC, APC ? can be around brisbane, goldcoast, as long as it sells at a decent price i would be very happy.

thanks

Guest noogsahoy
hey guys, coming from Australia Brisbane here....

just wondering if anyone know anywhere to sell quality jeans?

something like LVC, APC, jap brand etc

at General pants, there are lee, wrangle, levis(not lvc), tsubi/ksubi, nudie etc etc.. but not the ones i mention above. :(

so yea, anyone know anywhere that selll LVC, APC ? can be around brisbane, goldcoast, as long as it sells at a decent price i would be very happy.

thanks

best bet is to get them online, i'd say, cheaper unless and more chances of getting what your after plus if your worried about the fit.

good luck.

yeah mate... slim chance that you'll find any great denim in this side of the world... apart from imperials...

there are a few shops in melbourne though that sell lvc(dakota 501), edwin(provider), john bull sewing chop etc... but they are seriously overpriced and low on sizes...

seriously thinking you would buy a pair of selvege nudie for like 280, if you add another 10 odd bucks you could order yourself a pair of sammies from rakuten...

hey duma, which website did you ordered from? hows the shipping cost?

hey tony, i ordered from the apc.fr webstore... they're US$140 + shipping. I can't remember how much shipping was but at the time (about a year ago) the jeans + shipping added up to about AU$200.

you may be able to get cheaper shipping from another webstore ie context etc...

Guest noogsahoy
hey tony, i ordered from the apc.fr webstore... they're US$140 + shipping. I can't remember how much shipping was but at the time (about a year ago) the jeans + shipping added up to about AU$200.

you may be able to get cheaper shipping from another webstore ie context etc...

pretty sure most online stores are out of stock, and they just got new ones in recently.

good luck hunting some down

Australia is an absolute desert for premium Japanese jeans. I heard of some place in Sydney that sells Japanese denim; could be a rumour, could be someone mistaking Edwins for quality J-denim (which you can buy at Glue). Another Inch hasn't had a restock of Imperial in ages. They didn't have any 34 black dukes last time I was in. I ended up getting a pair of size 33 black kings off the context flash sale for US$178. Ludicrous that these jeans were shipped to the US, then shipped back to Australia to me, for less than the standard Australian retail price. I get everything online now. As for APC, I'd just get them directly from their website, since all the US stockists seem to sell out of the NS all the time.

I don't really see anyone starting a store selling J-denim in Australia in the near future. It's an extremely small market niche, most people in Oz willing to shell out $300+ for a pair of jeans would much rather go for an established brand like Diesel or Ksubi. The import tax alone would bump the price up too high (to make any real profit), making it impossible to compete against online sales. Anyone who knows anything about J-denim would most likely just (ab)use the store to try on for size and then order them directly from Japan or proxy.

indigo junkie, you are totally right... i used to buy denim from nudie, diesel and ksubi... all these are now hanging in one corner of the closet since i only rotate on my jap denims...

i would always advise aussies to just get online, bite the bullet (from a proper shop) and use that pair of denim for future reference... the product with shipping most of times would only be slightly (like 10-20 bucks) more expensive then your average pair of nudies, diesel or ksubi (actually its cheaper in diesel terms)... the quality of most jap denim easily covers for the extra cash you have splurged on it...

anyways there is a shop that stocks imperials in melbourne called all of the above... they have quite a range since they often restock...