Rick Owens drkshdw Jeans

threekings

• 2 weeks later...

Yoox is weird. The way they size, style and use the models it's hard to get a good idea of the piece. Plus, they never actually name a piece besides labeling it jeans, shirt, jacket, etc... I can't tell if some of the drkshdw jeans there are looser cuts, unflattering ones, or just screwed up style wise by yoox. If anyone could shed some light on what models were on yoox i'd much appreciate it.

The different cuts do have to be sized different from each other that's for sure. Honestly, I'm not too familar with which cut is which but all I know is that I had one black that fit me huge and the other jean, exact same size but in a different wash and cut and it fit me super slim. Kinda weird. But the jeans are great.

Anyone know of a plce to get them besides browns and diabro? They're both sold out of my size (30-32 depending on how each model is sized) in the styles i want. Is the $300 about what they cost retail or is their price a bit jacked up? Just wondering because of yoox prices. Anyone with drkshdw experience, i'd really appreciate if you could decipher some yoox jeans for me.

Anyone know of a plce to get them besides browns and diabro? They're both sold out of my size (30-32 depending on how each model is sized) in the styles i want. Is the $300 about what they cost retail or is their price a bit jacked up? Just wondering because of yoox prices. Anyone with drkshdw experience, i'd really appreciate if you could decipher some yoox jeans for me.

yeat that'd be great. i would like to know what i actually buy at yoox. :confused:

Shoque - yeah, ill try and sort that out.

its a shame they dont have leg darts, I like the idea of them, I was going to buy some somets black slims to replace my s5000bk but kinda went mad over the JR Sorrows...

So still no darts for me, but despite their absense I really like the appearance the RO's have on yoox, quite a subtle wash compared to the diabro ones. As for fit - I pray to god the silhouette is vastly different than the one on the model ( since when did simon cowell model for yoox? ), guess I wont know till I get em though..

• 2 weeks later...

So yoox totally messed up - "jeans" arrived, except they were not jeans, they were cords, the ones I bought were not listed as cord ( or velveteen- which is what cord is on yoox ) and the ones online look totally different from the ones I got.... but im happy because they fit very nicely and I intended to get some RO cords anyhow!!! Landed on my feet. Guess I can avoid buying the new APC narrow cords now!! Id still like some RO jeans with darts on though.

Sorry bout the small mirror and messy room, its the best I could do.

I got size 30, these are not 30 though, they sit on my hips which are 33!!! Glad I took the gamble and sized down!

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

with size 41 clarks, notice the frayed hem

IMG_0934.jpg

Fit - they fit very dioresque ( not that ive ever had any ) very loose and slouchy across bum and crotch but really taper to a small hem, knee is slim to, stack nicely - feel like a 2 or 3 sizes to big hoboken everywhere except in the waist.

lookin good viv, how much did you end up paying for them?

ive been looking around for some nice cords for a while but really dont want to pay 300 for some dior cords

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/DRKSHDW/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/420466651L/areaid/36/sts/searchResult

Anyone know which RO jeans these are? Slim cut, maybe a wash name if you have a good eye? Also, how do you size these things. Size down 1, 2, tts?

I didn't even look at the bum. Hmm.... Yea, i'd prefer that to be different. Oh well, i'll wait. Thanks for the sizing info.

• 1 year later...

Quoting goldengloves:

The Berlin is slimmer in the thigh and more like a straight leg fit while the detroit is loose in the thigh and tapers (very dramatically I might add) at the knee on down to the hem. The hem on the Detroit model is much slimmer than the Berlin fit.