Distressing corduroy pants?

ardeetee

Hey guys, I couldn't help but noticing all the corduroy pants in the stores now and I was wondering if anyone had any experience distressing a pair of corduroy's. I have a pretty new/clean pair of olive corduroys that I got for cheap and wanted to get some accelerated wear marks in them (i can't possibly wear these guys every day like jeans). The only thing I can think of is some sandpaper or a pumus stone, but this still wont get any of the honeycombing effect on the backs of the legs/pockets. someone must have tried this before!

I also have a pair of brown khaki's i got from gap for $10 that I wouldn't mind trying out as well in case the corduroy thing doesnt work. help? :)

Quote:

Hey guys, I couldn't help but noticing all the corduroy pants in the stores now and I was wondering if anyone had any experience distressing a pair of corduroy's. I have a pretty new/clean pair of olive corduroys that I got for cheap and wanted to get some accelerated wear marks in them (i can't possibly wear these guys every day like jeans). The only thing I can think of is some sandpaper or a pumus stone, but this still wont get any of the honeycombing effect on the backs of the legs/pockets. someone must have tried this before!

I also have a pair of brown khaki's i got from gap for $10 that I wouldn't mind trying out as well in case the corduroy thing doesnt work. help? :)

--- Original message by ardeetee on Aug 30, 2005 10:41 PM

Subjecting them to abrasion, whether it be by sandpaper or pavement, will work. Unlike denim, you won't lose dye off the surface of the cloth, you'll just wear off the pile from the cords.

Similar with the khaki's. You'll just wear down the surface of the cloth to get that vintage look. BTW don't Gap sell worn-washed khaki's anyway? I've seen them in the past with resin 3D whiskers too.

Quote:

cords don't really look that good when distressed.

--- Original message by giantreptile on Aug 31, 2005 08:30 AM

yeah im not really looking to distress them too much, its just that the ones i have look like they have never been worn before (because they've been sitting in my closet for about 7 months :o)

Quote:

Subjecting them to abrasion, whether it be by sandpaper or pavement, will work. Unlike denim, you won't lose dye off the surface of the cloth, you'll just wear off the pile from the cords.

Similar with the khaki's. You'll just wear down the surface of the cloth to get that vintage look. BTW don't Gap sell worn-washed khaki's anyway? I've seen them in the past with resin 3D whiskers too.

--- Original message by ringring on Aug 31, 2005 03:10 AM

the khaki's that I got were also from about 7 months ago that I found for cheap at the outlet. I haven't really worn them and just found them along with the pair of corduroys. What i'm looking for is the creases/fading(white) that ive seen on some of the newer corduroys. I hate to use it as an example, but true religion makes a pair - but i'm not looking for something that extreme. I'll probably rub some sandpaper on them but how would i get the creasing?

Edited by ardeetee on Aug 31, 2005 at 04:41 PM