Dior Homme Denim

griffin

I never thought of looking at Dior Homme jeans until I began reading this forum. Yesterday, I stopped into the store to check them out. The salesperson who helped me didn't know shit, but that's besides the point. Although the details on some of their distressed jeans are impressive, I was there to check out their raw offerings.

I have to say, I'm intrigued. I'm not normally one for jeans so thin, but they fit well, and that counts the more than anything. I'm also not into black denim, but combined with the black stiching, they're very nice. Side by side, their raw blue jeans with yellow stiching looked like a toy.

A few surprises: No selvage. I just assumed that they were, especially since the denim is from Japan. No big deal, but I was surprised. And this brings me to my next point: Last season's denim is from Japan, this season's is from England. Is this so? The Japanese denim, in my opinion, is much nicer. It's a little slubby and has much more character. They had one pair left in my size. The Fall 2005 collection uses their new UK denim, which looks extremely manufactured to me: very little character, no imperfections. The weight seemed to be about the same. I was also surprised at the prices. I can't remember the exact numbers, but the Japanese jeans were about $290 and the UK jeans were $240 or $250. I could be off, but that's about right. I thought they'd be more. Add to that, if this true, their jeans just came down in price. It strikes me as odd.

Can anyone speak to the difference between this season's and last season's jeans and the difference between the two denims? How durable are they? I see these mentioned often here. Is that for the fit and the black denim with black stiching? Is there something else I'm missing? They look good, but otherwise the quality seems to be about average.

Yeah definetely if you can find dior jeans for US$180 let us in on the secret. i remember seeing a pair of waxed dior jeans go for like US$600. as for the quality on the denim i buy dior jeans more for the cut of the jeans. If they are using UK denim now (therefore making it more affordable) i think that is a good thing, as the cuts will probably be the same. The new seasons orange overdye dior jeans look cool, and the leather jackets. But everything is crazy expensive.

Yes they do exist and appear every so often on ebay. But the dior homme that closely follow ebay are vigilant and very good at getting ebay to close listings of fake jeans and items on ebay. The most common knock off has been a model of blue jeans that had a claw mark (I believe these were dubbed lover jeans). The fake versions had "dior homme" stamped on the buttons and had an embroidered bee on the back pocket, which the real versions do not have either of.

Update: I went back today. Sometimes, I can't get something out of my head, and then it's all over. I was originally going to get a pair of APCs, but they're not that much different from the other raw denim I own. I think it's the black with black stiching, as well as the cut, that got me.

I tried on both the Japanese and UK jeans in a 29. Last time, this seemed to be my size, but I thought I should try the 28 just in case. They only had them in the UK denim. I tried them on and the fit was just a little better. I went back and forth between the UK 28 and the Japanese 29. I always liked the material on the pair that I was wearing at the time. The UK version is more of a solid black. It almost looks more formal. In the end, the fit of the 28 made me take them. Plus, I saved $50. The salespeople were useless. They had nothing to say about the different denims: nothing about how the material stretches, fades, creases, nothing.

They cost $240. To be honest, if you would have asked me to guess the price of a pair of raw Dior jeans, I would say about $350. Because they're Dior. Because they're always really goddamn expensive. $240 is a fine price. You'll never see them for $180.

Quote:

Could you post some pics of them, if possible?

I'm looking for a pair of black raw denim and I'd love to see what they're like....

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Aug 31, 2005 05:35 PM

I'll see what I can do, but right now they're being hemmed, so I won't have them until next week.

Dior homme for 180 up from where????thought they were like 600 in NYC??/There is a pair on E luxury that is style but itsls like $465??

ahhh.....ahahahaha..............hgahahahhaahha......fashion................sex..................drugs............................girls.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........sneakers..............................................

Dior homme for 180 up from where????thought they were like 600 in NYC??/There is a pair on E luxury that is style but itsls like $465??

ahhh.....ahahahaha..............hgahahahhaahha......fashion................sex..................drugs............................girls.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........sneakers..............................................

that is correct geowu, the distressed pairs are crazy expensive, in the 500 range. The raw denim ones are in the mid 200s.

This UK denim business is new to me but regardless, they still look great. I really think they (Dior) are something unique amongst the "designer" brands. Wish I could get some more pairs but I need to save money because I want to buy a Dior leather jacket.

Avoid the newest seasons leather jackets as they are ass. I did hear though that the black leather jacket with an attached leather black rose on the chest is very very nice, but all the other leather jackets I've seen in person are horrible. Once you have the money I would try to hunt down jackets from previous seasons. They tend to appear on ebay every so often.

Quote:

You mean him, Hedi Slimane.

H-Lan jeans are fine as well, beautiful slim cut.

To the guy starting the thread, how long were your jeans? And, did they have them in size 31-32? icon_smile_approve.gif

--- Original message by skecr8r on Sep 1, 2005 03:28 AM

They're all a 38" length. I probably got them hemmed to about 36". The salespeople convinced me to wear them long, so I'll see. I can always get them hemmed again.

The ideal look is bunched at the bottom. I would suggest you not hem them as well. In case you want to resell them and plus they look just real cool in my opinion.

Most buyers will want to buy unhemmed dior hommes, just keep that in mind. Dior is probably the only men's designer label that you can get retail or more off ebay.

Edited by mouko on Sep 1, 2005 at 08:39 AM