australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Have you guys ever tried emailing Gareth Moody re the CoN shoe quality? I did after a couple of fails and repairs and guess what? He sent me a free pair of skeleton key boots. Now that's customer service.

And for the record, this seasons iteration of the boot is great. The leather is much much better, and the toe cap is a little more defined. I am going to cop a pair, but not at retail (I gave the other pair to my brother).

that is customer service.. i talked to him at a sale.. very pleasant guy..

i bought a pair of those skeleton keys a while ago.. almost wore them everyday for months.. and no problems.. no sole protection at all, and were still great condition... of course there was some wear on the heel, which is normal.. but other than that.. they held up really well

land of the giants..

dude... i was at a warehouse today.. and they had this ice grey colour modal fabric for $1 a metre!

but didnt pick it up.. bought some merino wool tho for $2 a metre! hahah

ps. any of you guys know what exactly cupro is? just another name for viscose??

ps. any of you guys know what exactly cupro is? just another name for viscose??

IIRC both fabrics are made with the same process, but cupro is made from the woody centre of the cotton bud, whereas viscose is made from any part of the cotton crop. Cupro is superior, but both are good.

nice work TTT, keen to see more pieces icon14.gif.

A cupro is made in a similar way to viscose, tencel and rayon, however it's texture and feel are very similar to that of silk, hence why it's used as lining in a lot of high end outerwear and jackets.

edit: haha, what JV said :P

nice TTT, those pants are great.

Do you plan on The Third Theory being a mid or high level Aus brand?

Thanks 50 (and D), well im not sure really where the brand will find its way amongst the market but the price points will reflect the level I want the brand to move towards. If CON is considered mid level, then I would say definitely high level. Then again it will be a low volume/higher price point/mature label brand that I will be hoping to create. Cant wait to get the lookbook underway :D

Thanks 50 (and D), well im not sure really where the brand will find its way amongst the market but the price points will reflect the level I want the brand to move towards. If CON is considered mid level, then I would say definitely high level. Then again it will be a low volume/higher price point/mature label brand that I will be hoping to create. Cant wait to get the lookbook underway :D

nice one, I guess with a high price people expect exceptional materials and impeccable quality. if you back all these up with a strong believable brand and perfect photography then its the best start you can give yourself.

look forward to seeing more of this :cool:

aha Rick owens and michelle lamy just walked past my apartment as we were walking in, said great show and kept walking. they both smiled and said thankyou so much.

holy

fuck.

This is crazy. I wrote a rhyme for the occasion.

Gold grills, fur frills, nyquil and roid pills, ill thrills, banking bills on steez from Goodwill, up in Place du Bourbon with monkey skin curtains, Cali killing the game like the Manson's.

Have you guys ever tried emailing Gareth Moody re the CoN shoe quality? I did after a couple of fails and repairs and guess what? He sent me a free pair of skeleton key boots. Now that's customer service.

And for the record, this seasons iteration of the boot is great. The leather is much much better, and the toe cap is a little more defined. I am going to cop a pair, but not at retail (I gave the other pair to my brother).

wow, icon14.gif. my highest respect for him. maybe bt should try email rick about his trainers. ;)

This is crazy. I wrote a rhyme for the occasion.

Gold grills, fur frills, nyquil and roid pills, ill thrills, banking bills on steez from Goodwill, up in Place du Bourbon with monkey skin curtains, Cali killing the game like the Manson's.

lol you forgot urination, wax sculpture, bi-sexual furniture maker

This is what he last said:

"So ang called and got confirmation from the Iranian post office that it is getting redirected. There is still no answer from them. But it should be no problem. I do not know though how the actual political problems influence the daily routine there...

I suspect it will be there soon."

For all I know Iranian post could have sent it by sea-mail, and it's cheap for darklands not to confirm.

It is with DHL.de so AustPost can only track when the package is in australia - and now that the tracking number has changed I have no way of checking.

man. this sucks, i will definitely rage but hope you will receive soon.

if i had have bought klangspeils when he put his up i would have got it for 1400AUD (as the AU dollar was not at strong as the greenback then).

All in all i got it for about 1500AUD. i said fuck it...couldnt wait for it to pop up again as they're getting scarce. Most of the people that have em wont sell em.

def made the right choice. if it were put on the market i am sure there are ppl would pay higher than that. given that there are so many wtb julius leather size 2 popping quite frequently for the past couple of month.

sucks ivan, ive been meaning to ask you if you received them or not..

and yesss jbone pleaaase post. i am yet to see anyone wearing them outside of the runways

Lucky guy wept. the RO moto i got from D has always been my holy grail.. just never thought I'd actually commit. But aah, the level of satisfaction when i received them :o:o

melv, the moto is definitely for you man.

fark i must be the only one then, have only heard good things... but i 've sent a few emails to him RE a few things but had no luck with replies (RO leather that flock originally kopped, Julius Tall Engineers and these)

thanks home will have to try him again

imo, hide-san has been busy lately, i do notice at times he might take a day or two to reply. but once your 100% sure of the item and is ready to initiate payment, his pretty speedy, takes 1-5 minute to reply. :cool:

balls, looks like I'm out of luck with the moto collar again :o.

aye, i still cannot imagine size 1 can't fit you well, you must be like.. really skinny?