Help me find a similar jacket?

mr fluffernutter

Looks like it might be close to a Martin Magiela coat that was part of their f/w 07/08 line, it's a deep blue shiny material, with a black shearling collar/lining. I got it on the marketplace here, but the seller got it from Oki Ni I beleive. It's a gorgeous piece, very warm and gets many compliments.

=]

This one:

mm0007bluem.jpg

(Darker blue in person)

- Ben

Really I dunno what you're gonna find that's cheaper than that but really what you're looking for..... wait for sale time maybe? Or check the Bay?

the picture makes it look really bright

It's not that bright in person, I swear, it's a darker tone of blue.... or maybe it's that bright in TONS of direct sunlight or w/e....

- Ben

i feel like many bowie-esque items can be found at thrift shops in england, exclusively.

http://store.americanapparel.net/rsasc400.html#i

while navy is darker, it seems like that. minus the bomber collar. im sure you can alter it to your needs.

thats a pretty good option, we like that. thank you.

yeah... almost looks like mm copied the jacket or somerhing.. it's nearly identical. where would someone find it.. preferably in the states.

Yeah, I think that might be part of the new thing MMM is doing, where they take vintage pieces, can't remember it it's their pieces only or just vintage stuff in general, and make newer, modernized versions of it or just spruce up the original item in general...

Really, I dunno if it's gonna be anywhere in the US, cuz they're all gone in the boutiques, and the companies that carry their pieces prolly also sold out....

I'd say OkiNi or thrift shops for similar items would be your best bet

=\

- Ben

yes

it was

awesome

yes

"CHANGES IS A BEST OF"

possibly my most favorite cartoon (of my adolescent years)

Dr. Girlfriend: [in line at the yard sale] Sweetie! Isn't that the guy from Depeche Mode?

The Monarch: No way, where? Oh, holy crap, he's with a girl!

Dr. Girlfriend: Oh yeah, that guy's totally straight. I saw a whole thing about him on the VH-1.

The Monarch: But he's the guy from Depeche Mode! That's impossible!

Dr. Girlfriend: ...straight!

best.show.ever.