Zoltar tees

firebad

Has anyone seen this label? I copped an awesome tee from them at Nom de Guerre last week on deep sale, and then almost bought another one but realized it might be silly decking myself out all in their gear and not knowing anything about them, especially because both are logo tees. I looked at their website but it wasn't that helpful, though it was pretty interesting. www.zoltar.com

Just wondering if anyone had seen/knows anything about them.

Zoltar is done by this guy Dan MacMillian. He is an artist/zillionaire heir to a publishing fortune. It started as him (Dan) and his partner Barnzley. They had a shop in London for a few years, plus a full line of everything, jackets, jeans, sweats & custom tees. A year or so ago the shop closed down and re-opened as House33, with Barnzley having left Zoltar and partnering up with graphic designers from House Industries. House Industries had been involved with Zoltar from the beginning, having done their logo as well as some of the initial look of the brand.

I've only seen tees from Zoltar lately, but no sweats or other clothing.They had some good stuff. House33 kinda picked up where they left off, but hell if you can find any of that stuff in the US.

In case you've never heard of Barnzley he was part of the original London Stussy crew in the late 80's early 90's along with Michael Koppleman and Mick Jones of The Clash / Big Audio Dynamite. He later did a line called Peoples Wardrobe which was pretty cool.

Sweet Bronson, excellent info. I have been meaning to research these cats further. Love the house33 stuff. Did you ever see that Zoltar tee with Freddie Mercury on it?

House 33 is indeed dope. They've done some stuff recently with a Japanese label called Low Rider. Some of the tee shirts are really great looking (bit pricey at £40 quid though).

Its worth checking out the store in the sale time - usually all the tees go for half price.

zoltar is the shit..great stuff. also check out their logo-printed hooded suede-leather jackets, if you can find them. with handpainted grapics on the inside layer. really sick..for just 250 euro. for a jacket of that quality, really good priced..

also for unbelievable designs and gaphics , i recomend illustrated people...available at topman,london. quality is not that great, but designs are best i've ever seen. second to none.

The one Zoltar teee I have from around a year or 2 ago is on an Anvil (still has the anvil tag with the zoltar tag sewn over) which is fine. Still didn't justify the $60 bucks I paid for it (yes, stupid) but hell I like the logo. Now they're on AA which is a bummer cause I'm not a fan of the fit.

I've seen one House33 tee, once. The shit was HEAVY. It was a custom tee I think. I'm hoping once the online store is up that they have some of the BXH stuff too and don't just keep it in London (grrrrrr), and the price isn't so high, cause I'm not paying a bazillion dollars for t's any more.

• 1 month later...