UNIQLO

after checking out the uniqlo stores in london, I must say I was impressed. The quality and fit of their garments are great and I think this brand has a chance to really suceed in the US. Does anybody know about plans to open up shops out here? I think they could crush GAP and stores of that nature.

On a slightly different note, I got these 'one wash jeans' should I was them or what? Once? If I do, how much will they shrink?

www.reasonclothing.com

Edited by ReasonRumRunners on Aug 29, 2005 at 07:39 AM

even the selvage one is sanforized. it barely shrank when i gave it the bath tub treatment about 2 months ago. i imagine you wouldn't get .5" or 1" shrinkage in the waist and length even if raw. so, one wash shouldn't be shrinking at all. btw, the waist stretched out about 1" now.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

I think part of the problem in the UK has been that know one had ever heard of Uniqlo and they never did any kind of marketing or promotion either. Whereas GAP has non-stop (and EXTREMELY annoying) ads on the TV, the only way you'd have ever found out about Uniqlo was if you happened to have walked past one of their stores. Add to that the fact that the stores weren't particularly inviting from the outside, and you obviously have a problem. Only if you took the time to go in and really investigate would you find out that they had lots of really good quality clothes at really cheap prices.

yeah the stores interior sucked big time. they have to invest in their appaerance. cause their products materials and quality are better than anybodys else. also offering better styles and directing to a more modern, stylish crowd would be senseful..like h&m or zara..cause their quality is way better...but their styles are coming short.. so they would just need some new designers and some interiour architects...