Help! Ink explosion!

Opie

During work last night, a pen "exploded" in my apron, ruining my unwashed 3 month old imperial dukes. I tried to wash them, which only made the ink go into the faded areas. Does anyone have any experience with cleaning ink of their jeans? : /

(and yes, i've searched for a similar question)

Last year I accidentally put an unretracted pen into the front pocket of my nudies. The ink bled through to the outside, leaving a penny-sized blotch. I remember not caring much about it at the time, but I got some vomit on them about a month later, so I had them dry-cleaned. The dry-cleaning got the ink out, as well as the puke.

I had the same issue in a pair of my persimmon jeans.

I tried dabbing it with alcohol and nailpolish remover with a cloth on both sides. It seemed to remove lots of dark ink.

I then took them to the drycleaner and told them not to put them in the dryer or starch them. More of the ink came out but the stain remains. I wish you luck with your ink, though.

what kind of pen was it? cause I'm pretty sure that if we're not talking about permanent markers, any kind of ink would come out just by washing.

in which case,

wash your jeans. you haven't tried it anyway, and it wouldn't do any harm to your fades. wash em and see what happens.

Thanks for all the replies guys. After a soak and a wash (don't ask, i was panicing) i tried with alcohol and after some time, a lot of it went away. Due to the paper posted by theetruscan i should try with glycerol, which i will in about an hour. Sorry about the lacking pics btw. no camera around : /