Raincoat, Trench, or coat for a thin guy?

Sgt_Strider

if your a slim short guy try hare. a few good options and price isn't so bad.

definately don't get the classic burberry trench - cody is right, will look huge on you. burberry do a bunch of nice slimmer fitting trenches though so maybe check those out if you are willing to pay the beans.

I don't even have that kind of money to buy a Burberry Trench even if I wanted to. My budget is about $400.

Since I'm not a tall person, would you guys recommend that I not wear anything that goes down to my knee? I tried a APC raincoat the other day and it fit pretty damn well, but the coat went down my knees. I wasn't sure if that was too long for me or not. What do you guys think?

well it depends on proportions as much as height and build. a peacoat isnt long but if you have a longer torso and shorter legs this can just amplify that.

In my opinion I wouldn't go with a short trench with minimal details and a slimmer lapel.

My torso is short and legs are long. I do have a 36S peacoat that goes to my thighs which look pretty decent on me. I think that's about as long as I want any coat to be.

well im 5'8" and a 34" chest... i pretty much hate anything that goes past mid thigh cause i feel miniature... if its one of the APC coat ive tried form this season then i would say no. but maybe it fit you alot different?

It's the exact coat, but for this season the colour is a bit ligher than last season's black. You're right, I did feel a bit short with that rain coat on. I just wished it was a bit shorter and I probably would have bought it. I think we're roughly the same size here so if it doesn't look too good on you then it probably won't look too good on me.

get an acronym... ;) seriously though, shit is crazy for the rain.

burberry trench? bleh. you can find them in thrift stores though.

it always seems that they're all sold out in normal sizes (speaking from XS-M, but less so XS).

acronym is pretty loud imo, that tech is pretty whack (cool) though.