Do you have long arms and get SO mad!!!

Dogfarm

I have long arms 36/37 but I am also quite slim. The only dress shirts that have ever fit me well I have had to had made for me. Why do not more people offer tall sizes? I have never found a jeans jacket that fits my arms and torso.

My last big annoyance was Banana Republic. Online they have Talls in their dress shirts. But they do not carry them instore and you can only ship to the states from their online store.

Long arms are good for lots of things (throwing baseballs, tennis service, tag, etc...) why does the fashion industry have to be such a playa hater?

Who else has long arms and is mad? Want to rant with me about having long arms and always wearing t-shirts because you look like an asshole in long sleeve shirts with flood sleeves? And what is the deal with vintage western shirts? Those sleeves seem especially short!

ps. If you have a long torso you can also be mad.

I was going to make some joke post ragging on you... but I realized I have a similar problem. I have a fairly big neck relative to my chest/trunk size and dress shirts that I could button to wear a tie always are fucking huge and poofy, like some bad Jerry Seinfeld shirt from the mid-90s, since they just do the body size realtive to the neck size. Not into it.

I have long arms 36/37 but I am also quite slim. The only dress shirts that have ever fit me well I have had to had made for me. Why do not more people offer tall sizes? I have never found a jeans jacket that fits my arms and torso.

ps. If you have a long torso you can also be mad.

I feel your pain! Shirts that fit me are 35" from collar to hem, and I need 27" sleeves. I'm fortunate that with a 17.5" neck there ARE shirts which will fit my arms and nearly tuck in well, but I've yet to find one that doesn't need to be taken way in, and I'm not even thin.

Oh my god I am SO mad too you guys.

My torso is too long for most jean jackets but I finally figured out how to deal with it. Don't buy jean jackets. If you've got long arms, just go for a fashionable motorcycle jacket. Most of them have longer arms to accommodate for when you reach for the handle bars.

Oh my god I am SO mad too you guys.

My torso is too long for most jean jackets but I finally figured out how to deal with it. Don't buy jean jackets. If you've got long arms, just go for a fashionable motorcycle jacket. Most of them have longer arms to accommodate for when you reach for the handle bars.

god damn, i thought you had some ingenious plan like hotsoak your arms for 3 hours and put in the dryer for maximum shrinkage.

I totally know what you mean. I wear 15.5 neck and 37 inch sleeve shirts when I can find them but the chest is always huge. These can be tailored, but for stuff like jackets it is much more difficult.

What peteyross said about motorcycle jackets makes sense. I will look into that.

My last big annoyance was Banana Republic.

Fuck that place. I bought a small 'slim fit' shirt, had darts added, and it was still too wide for me, while the sleeves/body needed to be longer.

Small Junk de Luxe shirts fit me perfectly.. until I wash them and the sleeves are too short.

I'm a 16.5 x 35/36. Not huge by any means but definately a long. The trouble I have is my torso is "normal" so I buy a 44 long and it fits great in the chest and sleeves but the body is too long.

As to denim... I wear a 46 or 46 long if I can find a vintage Big E jacket. It shrinks enough in the body but not the arms so it fits nice...

I get my leather jacket custom made anyway so no problem there.

But finding vintage clothes is tough. I usually have to find an xxl to fit the sleeves but the chest is too big.

I have scored a few here and there.. though.

Some vintage Polo shirts fit well, and I can sometimes find a long in a vintage.

But not much in the XL size range. I've put so many great vintage shirts back on the rack because they don't fit ....

It's a curse sometimes, but keep in mind... we're the only ones that can easily put our hands in the pockets of our denim and actually touch the bottom.