best karaoke songs

mizanation

"easy lover" - phil collins and philip bailey

that's a much tougher song than you might think.

and it's because of phil collins' part and not philip bailey's.

man sings in a difficult range.

you can always shift the key, but.

btw, i knew a guy who always sung "surrender" by cheap trick.

he wasn't a good singer but it was fun to watch for some reason.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw come on miz, any phil collins is killer. Against All Odds is the banger, though.

Also anything by Luther Vandross. And do cheesy power ballads from the 80's. High Enough - Damn Yankees, comes to mind. My secret weapon is Sabor A Mi.

For the ladies:

I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston

Hero - Mariah Carey

My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

Love Will Lead You Back - Taylor Dane

Through The Fire - Chaka Khan

You can kill it if you make it through that set list.

I forgot:

Anything by Steve Perry is awesome for karaoke. Especially the Journey stuff and Oh Sherrie.

so true about cheesy 80s power ballads.

i think i actually once brought the house down with "home sweet home."

something else i can think of is i have a friend who can get the crowd really going with the cure's "just like heaven." but i think he has to be on the stage for that.

i'm not talking about shit that everyone sings.

i'm talking about the shit that when the song comes up, cats in the bar go crazy.

the rare under the radar joints that when you can pull it off, brings down the house.

here are the ones i've been working with these days:

just once - quincy jones featuring james ingram

what's going on? - marvin gaye

by the way, i had the fortune of witnessing this man (miz) performing these songs in action.

he speaketh the trooth.

the crowd was wild.

Never done karaoke. I eat at this place in Queens, and the karaoke's different, you sing at your table. It's kinda boring that way.

Maybe someday… the songs on this thread are inspiring me to take it up. Except Steve Perry. The man's got lungs (and a schnozz to match), too hard to do, I think.

I do wish I coulda seen miz's performance,though, maybe that's wat the next NY sufu meetup will be.

Never done karaoke. I eat at this place in Queens, and the karaoke's different, you sing at your table. It's kinda boring that way.

Maybe someday… the songs on this thread are inspiring me to take it up. Except Steve Perry. The man's got lungs (and a schnozz to match), too hard to do, I think.

I do wish I coulda seen miz's performance,though, maybe that's wat the next NY sufu meetup will be.

Yes.....

SUFU KARAOKE MEETUP!!!

Yeah, krystal's.

And I actually much prefer Peter Gabriel to Phil Collins. 'Shock the Monkey',' Solsbury Hill', 'Games without Frontiers' all cool songs (don't know if they've gotten the karaoke treatment).

dont get me wrong id get up on stage and fucking tear down In Your Eyes better than Gabriel could himself, but I was talking about Genesis with Philly on the drums -> ie: The Lamb Dies Down on Broadway vs Genesis with Philly on lead

Peter vs. Phil -> I take Philly all the way, I do quite a compelling "Lonely Man on the corner" while in the shower

behind blue eyes - the who original

eagles - hotel california

eagles - life in the fast lane

eagles - seven bridges road

lynyrd skynyrd - saturday night special, tuesdays gone

daft punk - around the world