Richard Kidd clothing

minya

I was in American Rag in SF today and I was checking out some amazing stuff by, I think, Richard Kidd. First off was a white hoodie that had some distressing on the front (nothing special, kinda dumb actually) but on the back was this ENORMOUS print of a skull with Native American details on it (I can't remember exactly, but they looked like Indian braids to me, I think) and radiating waves all over the back. It was amazing. Also, the hood was oversized, double the size of the usual hood, so you could basically bring it all the way down over your face if you wanted.

There was also a shirt, dark burgundy, again with some silly distressing (seriously, who naturally gets little holes all over the shirt? -- but I digress) that was unbelievably thin and soft, and again had an amazing print on it: a purple, strange, bizarre print of two skeletons standing on a field of grass that looked like chest hair. It was bizarre. But gorgeous. But the price tag was $150... for a fucking t-shirt. No thanks.

Anyone know if this stuff is ever available for less-than-outrageous prices? I really love the design.

i was at the richard kidd store in gastown vancouver the other day, and all of their original pieces are pretty much at the same price that you saw. It was a humongous store with about 3 pairs of tsubi jeans and like 10 t shirts total. No sales or anything, I think you might be out of luck

Quote:

i was at the richard kidd store in gastown vancouver the other day, and all of their original pieces are pretty much at the same price that you saw. It was a humongous store with about 3 pairs of tsubi jeans and like 10 t shirts total. No sales or anything, I think you might be out of luck

--- Original message by chim on Aug 19, 2005 09:08 PM

That's what I thought. Did you see the hoodie I was talking about?

it's too bad the prices are so outrageous. I would never pay $150 for a t-shirt, ever icon_smile_tongue.gif

I barely looked around, their sizes seemed to be really big and i'm a small guy. I checked out some of their supreme shirts (180) and hoodies (230). I was the only person in the store, and its about 1500 sq ft (huge store). The sparse arrangement of clothing was really bizarre, i felt like some prince shopping there

I saw pics of the store and it looks beautiful. I also saw some pictures of their line, and I love the amount of detail on all the designs. But, I agree, their stuff has a certain price. I never saw it for real, therefore I cannot say if its worth it. How is the quality on their clothing?

www.highsnobiety.com

News on trends in fashion, urban culture, design, gadgets, art and travel.

The quality looked very high. For instance, the hoodie was actually a double hoodie. It had two layers in it. And like I said, the hood was gigantic, twice the size of a usual hoodie, so clearly, their clothing is custom-made, and made well.

The t-shirts looked great but I was worried about the distressing. I wish they didn't have those holes.

I'm thinking about calling and asking how much it is, because the Acne hoodie I want I can't find...