Topman - Dior Ripoff Shoes....

englandmj7

I have purchased a couple Topman pieces in the past and know their quality is pretty much on par, or often worse than H&M. I have never bought any of their shoes, however.

I'm considering the white/silver low tops here since they are only $40 US:

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=63855&parent_category_rn=38998&langId=-1&top=Y

Anyone have experience with their shoes? Would I at least be able to get a couple months out of them. These seem pretty dope for the price........

They also have a few slouchy beanies which is nice to see. They finally ship to the fucking US.

they're kinda flimsy construction. when i was in england a month ago i saw a few pairs, and they just didnt feel very comfortable or sturdy. it was an early run of these, so i dunno much on them. they dont come in my size so i dont think i'd get them anyways.

Do they look noticeably cheap in person, or is it just the construction when you closely inspect them?

no prob. i mean, their good for what their worth, especially since the poud sterling is stronger than the dollar right now, but just for that you should buy dior's here in the US and beat the exchange rate...

maybe just try on a pair to have your own take? i dont wear fashion sneakers usually, just chucks (which is a mistake cause i flattened the arches in my feet from wearing such awful shoes). i'd save my money for nicer sneakers, personally.

My SN is contradictive, I live in the US :D

I wish I could try them on first!

barney's occasionally features topman products... but its usually clothing. hasn't odin featured their stuff in the past (anyone confirm this, i dunno if thats true or not)?

edit: i assumed you were in the UK due to your mod-esque look. does topman even ship internationally?

Opening Ceremony in LA carries some of their stuff, but they mark it up a ton (which on top of the horrible exchange rate makes it ridiculous).

Topman does ship to the US now through their site. 10 GBP no matter how much you order. Pretty good rate.

I saw those, they're a fucking joke. Like 50% synthetic or some shit. There are some nice (and very overpriced) shoes in Topman at the moment, and they aren't amongst them.

The Creative Rec ripoffs were a hell of a lot nicer, and you can get the German army original lowtops for cheaper to boot.

As to the slouchy beanies, I own like 3 of them and am probably going to pick up some woolen ones soon for winter... it was a happy day when somewhere finally started stocking them in the UK.

My basic rule of thumb with Topman is that it's great for cheap, indistinct basics, but anything more design heavy/pricy needs to be avoided. First up, the quality of the expensive stuff doesn't come up to snuff, and secondly in these parts you'll see 10 people a day wearing the same latest shit from the Oxford Street store.

Uh. The model I posted is gone from the Topman website two hours after they had a fucking full inventory of sizes........BEFORE I got back online to order my own pair. FUCK.

Fess up. How many of you bought them? It can't be a complete coincidence.....

Could be that they shipped a bunch out to stores... stuff comes up in Oxford Street and the webstore and takes weeks to months to reach other shops.

I saw those, they're a fucking joke. Like 50% synthetic or some shit. There are some nice (and very overpriced) shoes in Topman at the moment, and they aren't amongst them.

The Creative Rec ripoffs were a hell of a lot nicer, and you can get the German army original lowtops for cheaper to boot.

As to the slouchy beanies, I own like 3 of them and am probably going to pick up some woolen ones soon for winter... it was a happy day when somewhere finally started stocking them in the UK.

My basic rule of thumb with Topman is that it's great for cheap, indistinct basics, but anything more design heavy/pricy needs to be avoided. First up, the quality of the expensive stuff doesn't come up to snuff, and secondly in these parts you'll see 10 people a day wearing the same latest shit from the Oxford Street store.

Cool. So maybe it's better they're gone and I didn't get the chance to buy them.

Good to know the beanies are alright. So they are coming out in wool? I was a bit hesitant to purchase one of the ones currently on the site since they are 100% acrylic, and I prefer wool or cotton.

At the moment I have a grey polycotton blend, another that I overdyed brown and a block 100% cotton... the polycotton blends are softer and a better fit methinks.

Didn't realise the new ones were acrylic, shit sucks and would blatantly get that crappy pilling that acrylic gets. The black cotton ones are still available: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=92442&parent_category_rn=39002&productId=323164&langId=-1

If it's the same as mine it's mighty huge... a bit big on me and I'm a size L in fitteds.

Edit: Oh, here's the grey one which is a lot nicer, best of the bunch methinks. http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=92442&parent_category_rn=39002&productId=323144&langId=-1