getting into skating as an older person

jake snake

I can already like use the board to move around. I skated some when I was like 13, and my expierence with snowboards (I ride black diamond stuff) means that i can like goof around on a skateboard and I have good general balance, I just can't do anything interesting.

im sorry dude but you write out some of the most retarded-lame guy shit ever.

Skateboarding means the world to a lot of people so do it for the right reasons.....not as a means to bridge some sort of gap you find in your life between loitering in LA and smoking pot with friends.

you shouldnt skateboard just because you are from LA/Venice or because you can ride blackdiamonds and stuff...skateboard because its something you want to do.

shit is too pop culture anyways it wont be cool in a few months

im sorry dude but you write out some of the most retarded-lame guy shit ever.

Skateboarding means the world to a lot of people so do it for the right reasons.....not as a means to bridge some sort of gap you find in your life between loitering in LA and smoking pot with friends.

you shouldnt skateboard just because you are from LA/Venice or because you can ride blackdiamonds and stuff...skateboard because its something you want to do.

shit is too pop culture anyways it wont be cool in a few months

I can't wait.

Maybe then I'll stop getting kicked out of spots because idiots roll up blasting bro tunes loud as fuck in the middle of the night.

i bought a krooked zip zinger with some powell skull and sword 48/90s and venture trucks. i went over to rip city in santa monica and they hooked me up.

krooked decks are pretty awesome. i love how they do a variety of shapes from 70's style to modern stuff. I have a zip zinger as my cruiser/cement park board and i love it

I used to skate almost everyday when i was younger, and then picked it up again when i was lets say 19ish

Now i am 22, havn't really skated more than 5 times in the past 2 years...

Whats the general consensus on using an old complete

I have a complete that is still in pretty good shape ( i think?) havn' touched it in a while, it has been in the garage for the past 2 years... and it is atleast 5 years old

Do boards "go bad?"

I think it is a girl deck (koston), destructos (indes are way better), spitfire wheels 53 mm i believe, some decent bearings, grip tape i think still works

but would the deck still have "pop" in it after it just sitting around in a garage for years (constantly changing temperatures aka (expanding/contracting))

• 4 weeks later...
doing tricks takes practice, if your not willing to put time in forget it. It took forever for me to learn to olli. Its just like playing an instrument, if you dont practice, you wont get better. obviously.

skating is like plaing a musical instrument. the amount of time it takes just to learn to ollie at first is incredible. but its worth it. i could pop an ollie at 14 but never skated seriously until i was about 24. it took me six months just to get up a curb but i still skate as often as possible and im still betting better seven years on.

do it. its the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

I love skating but there is such an elitist attitude in the ''skating scene'' to the point where they suck the fun out of it . It is all about having fun , right ? I can some of the basic shit(but its not why I skate) so I wish there was less emphasis on doing complex shit and more on just having a good time with your friends and enjoying it .

thats why i dont give a fuck about the scene beyond my friends, and dont care about the industry at all. for me its about my time on my board... my time to relax, clear my mind. i refuse to let the rest of it matter. i dont care what tircks you do, or how ong youve been doing it... just dont get in my way and dont act like a bitch. ill clown you if you throw your board or get pissed over something as small as not being able to land a trick that you know you cant do.

yeah everyone in boston is always grillin each other watchin what trick you can pull and all that bullshit. in my eyes, i am just trying to have fun. maybe i am saying it cuz i am not that "good," but it seems like when i skate i am having more fun than most of the people out there.