Slim Black Waist Trenches

ThyAllMighty

Where can I find a trench like this?

http://www.goxy.cn/list/6662.html

I'd actually buy this one, but I can't even navigate the site to see if they ship internationally.

Are there any other brands with slim black trenches like this one? Preferably sites that are in english? I'm looking for around the price range of 150.

Where can I find a trench like this?

http://www.goxy.cn/list/6662.html

I'd actually buy this one, but I can't even navigate the site to see if they ship internationally.

Are there any other brands with slim black trenches like this one? Preferably sites that are in english? I'm looking for around the price range of 150.

Only slim trench coats you'll find for $150 will be asian brands. Try www.yesstyle.com

Gabardine is a wool based fabric right? How does that hold up to the rain? I was thinking about getting a peacoat, I have plenty of warm wear, but would like to be comfortable in the rain, so a slim/waisted trench seemed like a good alternative. Plus it's acceptable to wear it when it's not raining right? Also I tried searching for Reiss and Zara trenches, but all I can find is womens.

Gabardine is not only a wool based fabric, it is a type of weave and can come in a variety of fibers (cotton, poly, wool, blends, etc.)

Webster dictionary definition:

2 a: a firm hard-finish durable fabric (as of wool or rayon) twilled with diagonal ribs on the right side

The weave of gabardine is what makes it work well in rain. However many trenches are a poly blend in order to make it water repellent.

Reiss has several trenches on display on their website, which I'm sure will probably be available in the store. As for Zara, the website sucks when it comes to figuring out what's out for the season. Your only real choice is to swing by a store and check it out. In fact there's a cool belted trench and peacoat that come in khaki and black both of which are water repellent (poly blend) available right now (atleast in every NYC Zara I've been to.) I also believe Uniqlo has a trench too.

Thank for the info Morningstar, it sucks though, I live in Cali and there are no uniqlo's here nor Zara's. NYC may be trench/peacoat galore, but nobody rocks trenches here in Cali...some peacoats, but only the Donna Karen mom's and their daughters.

Where in Cali are you? There are two Zara's here in downtown SF.

Anyway, like in the peacoat thread, I would suggest checking out Zara as they should have something along the lines of what you're looking for.

Yes, Zara has some nice coats for this season...my only grudge with the current trench offering is the silver logo buttons...and it isn't quite "short." The fit is in the same vein as other Zara offerings...which means it is definitely a "fashionable," good silohuette fit. I also only saw it in Khaki...though they DO have a black belted coat as a previous poster mentioned.

Uniqlo's trenches are in khaki, black, and dark brown. They too aren't very short (about lower thigh/knee length)...and much like the rest of Uniqlo's coats, they are very boxy (the arms are very loose and chunky...not very flattering silohuette-wise)...and the epaulets kinda fucked-up in my opinion. They don't connect at the usual shoulder-arm seam...but instead, come out from the mid shoulder and then loop around to the collar. This makes them stick up all funny. The other detailing and removable liner option are nice though.

Makes me want to buy the Zara trench and replace the buttons with the Uniqlo ones.

I have yet to check out Reiss.

• 2 weeks later...

most designer brands make their trench coats slim fitting. the burberry prorsum ones are nice. but very very pricey, so i dont think youd be interested.

im bet h&m will come out with one this season. and their stuff is usually slim.

Is that official? I don't even know what "official" would mean in this case. I guess I should rephrase that to "is it a cheap rip-off?"

Hi

I was looking for a slim black trench for ages and ages and finally found one in Acquascutum. Don't know if that helps but as part of their "collection" they do a slim fit single breast trench that is absolutely gorgeous and is beautifully made and fitted.

Best wishes

T

That ebay coat is just a zipia style knock off. There are a few ebayers out there that sell a ton of korean stuff.

Well, I just bought a 73 dollar rip off coat from zipia, I hope I'll be happy with it, I'll post fit pics as soon as I get it. I wished though that I had gone to Zara...hahahaha, maybe I can resell it on ebay and use that money to get a real trench.

Also, this trench that I ordered is not that long, it's about maybe barely dosn't go past the crotch. Is it acceptable to wear it in dry/cold weather as well?

that target one is actually pretty badass. but does anyone know where to get that lad musician? or any of thier products period? cant find them anywhere online to buy...

and theallmighty- its defnitly acceptable. its up to you what you wear but a good wool peacoat is good for cold. but like you said, probably an odd thing to wear or even buy in california...

Hahahaha, well, I mean, it does rain here as well, more often than people think it does, but yeah, it's no Seattle.

I bought this one in black:

http://www.kisajang.com/Nicecart4plus/Shop/Cart/showitem.html?itemID=18026&item_subidkey=A81B82

i like that one alot. i just got one today pretty similar but in black. ill try to post a pic when it arrives...