tailoring a pea coat?

thorough

it is a thick wool military surplus russian peacoat. i would need to taper the torso and the arms. is this doable and how much does it usually run? its not very expensive but i cant return it if the tailor says they cant do it. no tailors around here speak english so that makes phone inquiries a bit difficult.

It's very doable and shouldn't be too expensive. I've never had arms taken in though so i'm not sure.

ive done exactly this before. bare in mind if your just tailoring arms and torso with a taper, the top shoulder/chest might go a big baggy..

or are you just trying to take the curved line out which seems popular in the old military jackets?

v. easy job either way. gd luck.

ive done exactly this before. bare in mind if your just tailoring arms and torso with a taper, the top shoulder/chest might go a big baggy..

or are you just trying to take the curved line out which seems popular in the old military jackets?

v. easy job either way. gd luck.

its just a little too boxy overall so was hoping to slim it up in the torso and the the arms a bit. ill need it too have some room if i need to wear a suit or a layer under it anyways. its only $40 so i guess i should just give it a shot.

Hmm, this is good to know if I ever want to tailor anything. A couple coats I own could use a bit more fitting.

Wouldn't that line be desirable? I always prefer a more fitted cut to a straight line.