Mid-Dress Shoes

kdh

Quote:

I'm looking for a casual shoe that's dressier than trainers.

Something shaped like this: http://www.hanon-shop.com/images/products/small/OTFA5TN.jpg. Clarks "Desert Kahn" sort of fits this bill, but does anyone know of anything else similar I can find in the US?

--- Original message by kdh on Jul 31, 2005 09:51 PM

paul smith have some nice ones, but they cost a lot. i guess it depends on what you want to spend. do you want a 100$ or a 300$ shoe. Check Medium shoes, they might have something that fits the bill, their shoes are comfortable and well made.

clarks are great, they have so many styles in the originals as well- not sure about the availability in the US though- padmore and barnes (the company that actually makes the shoes for clarks) have loads of unique styles (there are a few threads on superfuture on these)

Quote:

try cole haan, or if you're willing to spend a bit more, go for ferragamo, tod's or varvatos.

--- Original message by darknworn on Jul 31, 2005 10:16 PM

I'd start with this advice, and try a more classic loafer, moccasin or boat shoe.

The one in the photo looks a bit too novel, and you might not wear it after a short while (what clothes do you wear)?

As an alternative, Lacoste makes nice white shoes that don't quite look like sneakers, but still look classy. That look has probably been copied by other manufacturers.

Heh. Those are my dentist's preferred work shoes, among others.