Thom Browne S/S08 NY

goldengloves

Did anyone make an entry/thread about the brooks brothers collection that Thom made?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/blackfleece/default.tem

i was hoping that the black fleece collection was gonna be affordable for poor fucks like me but the pricing is pretty ridiculous...

their blazers are like 3 grand, right?

Love Thom Brown (revolutionary indeed!) but i didnt care for this collection all too much. Felt like the mixed plaid on plaid was very CDG. I too was wondering if there was a thread to discuss the Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers (like to see more from that collection)

Love Thom Brown (revolutionary indeed!) but i didnt care for this collection all too much. Felt like the mixed plaid on plaid was very CDG. I too was wondering if there was a thread to discuss the Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers (like to see more from that collection)

Just want to get some conversation going but, what is it that you find revolutionary about Thom?

idk i guesss its maybe just in my eyes i see it as revolutionary. Although, i know his cuts and attentions to such quality tailoring really inspires me and my way of thinking about traditional menswear. But who knows just my thoughts..(idk not thinkin straight right now kinda outta it so maybe i should shut up already)

Well it looks like the usual thom browne stuff. Except those flowery things and those.. things. But i still love Thom browne's suits. those jackets are spot on as always. So sharp, clean and sleek. And I've always been a fan of thom browne's cropped trousers. So yeah, those are still great, but then again, not new.

maybe more paradigm shattering than revolutionary no?

his is a cut that refers to 50s american male tailoring with a clear nod to yamamoto and ferre' in some styling looks for presentation this season. the infusion of idealized 60s beachwear contributes to his ongoing proposal of gender fluidity examples in skirts from a/w 07 and womens wear beach towels in current showing.

always an interesting show but should possibly leave the catwalk-show-effect-florets to the undercovers, mcqueens and pilatis of the world.

idk i guesss its maybe just in my eyes i see it as revolutionary. Although, i know his cuts and attentions to such quality tailoring really inspires me and my way of thinking about traditional menswear. But who knows just my thoughts..(idk not thinkin straight right now kinda outta it so maybe i should shut up already)

• 2 months later...