Good affordable resturants in Brooklyn??

dutchxoven

thats actually east williamsburg (even cooler neighborhood), but really not much to eat out there. I lived at 49 bogart for 6 months.

Actually to be technical, there really isnt a name for the area between bushwick and williamsburg, but the locals have several dozen nicknames for the area, which include but not limited to:

MoJo

Pickupyourdogshitsburg

billybush

bushberg

you get the idea.

There's a bar called kings bar, that's a good local dive, they have Brooklyn lager on tap, decent juke box mostly just locals. There's one other bar that's actually one of the few places that delivers food, but the name escapes me (but that's closer to where the jmz train is). Def walkable.

Its a good area. Mostly artists, musicians, photographers, etc. I know a couple of bookers and model apts in the area as well

The health food store at 49 Bogart will be one of your saving graces, esp. If you're feeling lazy and not wanting to go into the city, or in the alternative, if you don't feel like lugging groceries on the L from wholefoods or trader joes.

If you do a search you might be able to find the new York times Article from about 2 years ago, that profiled that neighborhood as one of the coolest and affordable to live. I had a 2000+ sq ft loft for 2000. Can't beat it.