Applecare?

shekki

I have to say I've had a decent amount of problems with my Macbook.

Well, the first Macbook I had was fine. But I spilled a drink into it after about having it for 4 months, and I got it exchanged for another one.

The one I got was .. not so great. It was in a slightly used condition, but my LCD has a stuck red pixel which I have not been successful in fixing. It seems to be one annoying problem after another with this one.

My bluetooth sometimes does not work, my mouse clicker can be un responsive (and it's extremely loud), my charger burned out.

And I've had a lot of system errors because of the disk permissions, which I fixed a couple weeks ago and now seem have to check on again.

I work for Apple, you definitely want to get Applecare whenever you can. If you have to make a phone call after 90 days of purchasing, its $50. If you get it with the student discount, on the macbook its cheaper than calling 4 times if you call tech support. The macbook pro you get $110 off it (349 to 239). I've seen a lot of people come in and don't understand that if you didn't get it, you have to pay for parts that can be a hell of a lot more expensive. A new logic board is almost the cost of a new computer itself, and after paying for servicing and parts, pretty much ANY repair is more expensive than getting it. A lot of people get pissed because it doesn't cover accidental (you being a careless motherfucker with something you paid to own). You wouldn't flip shit on a car manufacturer for their warranty not covering your car after driving it into a brick wall would you?

Shit, that sucks. Next time we're drinking somewhere bring it over and I can fix the system errors and bt but no hope for the red pixel.

Sounds good. Overall I'm not disappointed with the Macbook, I just wish I didn't spill a drink into the original one I owned, which I had no problems with.