Office Chairs--What you sittin on?

Haven't seen a thread about office chairs, but to me, they mean a lot because I spend more time sitting in my chair at work than I do sleeping in my bed at night. Most suck, but some are great. Chairs-in my opinion-are design at it's purest form: a visually pleasing answer to the problem of long-term sitting. Ok, so that's thinking about it too much, but if you've ever been at work all day on some piece of shit chair, your back knows what I'm talking about. I think Golden Gloves was the one who got a tattoo of the Eames Lounge & Ottoman. That's serious. So I thought I'd post what I spend 8-9 hours a day sitting on:

It's a Herman Miller Mirra chair with the optional fabric back. Same mesh seating as the Aeron's, but I liked the posture of the high back way better. Plus, they run about $650 as opposed to a $1000, late-90's, dot-com bubble Aeron.

859540779_3e4c2c97f6.jpg

I don't really like it though.

What, the Aeron, or Mirra. I'll be the first to admit that the mirra isn't the best looking. I really don't like the kidney-bean armrests, but after sitting on countless chairs searching for something, it was definitely the best for me for the money. Actually, my work bought it so it was a matter of convincing my bosses to let me get a chair that cost more than $100. I tried some Steelcases-the Think & Leap chairs-and they were nice, but I have such bad posture that I needed something that was going to keep my spine in good shape.

surplus sales aren't as good as liquidations but they're good. ask your friends (if they have office jobs) to let you know if a branch is closing or anything like that. otherwise, read the papers.