Converse

Westmount

Since Nike bought converse it does seem that they have gone after a more mass demo... They are certainly timeless but with the eb & flow in popularity being in play. Chucks are "tipping" again (for the God only knows how many-ith time?) right now. Taking the "timeless" aspect of the shoe away for a season IMO.

I've always had a pair of white purcells (James Dean style) & am slightly bothered that they could end up getting a little too much burn soon. That could be the problem with these message boards huh hundreds?

:-)

& re:

speak up and make yourselves heard. i was beginning to worry that such a fashion forward place is odd when it doesn't attract the more magnificient specie of the two.

I lurked for a year or so & just couldn't take it any longer. Although, I do think the sophistication that this site at one point had is slowly going bye bye. I wish, in retrospect, that I'd jumped in to the mix straight away.

When you started this thread what were you talking about? When I hear converse I immediately think only of Chuck Taylors, and then slowly the Jack Purcells creep into my memory.

I assumed you were asking how we felt about Chucks since those are what you are most likely seeing all over. aka Converse All-Stars

con-s049622-9160men500.jpg

^That's what they look like.

Edited by powerglov on Jul 10, 2005 at 07:18 PM

• 1 year later...

I'm in search of these converse basketball shoes that i wore back in 94. I did a google search and i came up with nothing. I believe sprewell wore them for a period of time. They are black with white soles and the laces start from almost front of the shoe. They are slim profile and if i remember correctly had this yellow transparent plastic near the ankles.

Any info or even know where to get them would be much appreciated!

for the basic black chuck taylor, i think it all depends what you wear with them. they (with the rest of your clothes) can either make you look great, or like a fool who spends little on footwear.