Untitled JJ Abrams Project

naturaljax

Anyone else see this trailer before Transformers? Is it going to be Cthulu related? Predictions for what it's about?

Here's the Trailer:

http://rs125.rapidshare.com/files/41256280/cloverfield.avi

Here's a puzzle-game website related to the film:

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com

SO WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS MOVIE

What? I'm just wondering what this movie is supposed to be about. I'm hoping it's about Cthulu because HP Lovecraft is fucking ridiculous.

I heard the production studio isn't leaking any information about anything regarding this movie, but Superfuture seems to know what's up about most things.

Guest jmatsu
What? I'm just wondering what this movie is supposed to be about. I'm hoping it's about Cthulu because HP Lovecraft is fucking ridiculous.

I heard the production studio isn't leaking any information about anything regarding this movie, but Superfuture seems to know what's up about most things.

to be honest i don't give a shit about transformers, but

re-animator, dagon and shit! damn!!!

ehtanwasright has nothing to do with the movie, the purpose of that trailer is to hype up a gmae coming out soon. go on youtube and type in cloverfield. theres so much hidden stuff supposedly and these kids analyze the trailer and come up with some crazy shit.

also go on.

11808.com

• 4 months later...

Movie looks like it could be interesting...but there's gonna be a lot of hype and if this turns out to be anything like the never ending show that is LOST, then it aint gonna live up to that hype.

Plus, mufuckas goin b complainin about pukin an shit cuz sum of this b filmed like blair witch an shit. Pussys.

If you want to see 9/10ths of the monster before the movie comes out, here you go.

Takes a bit to load, it's animated, and make sure you view it "in full."

What do you think it is? I mean, it's some kind of monster but....what the fuck? It could be Godzilla....or it could be some other weird thing.

Is this a real word or one of those shortened internet phrases?

say it ain't so, gg...

It is often cited for the extreme descriptions given of its appearance, size, and the abject terror that it invokes. Because of this reputation, Cthulhu is often referred to in science fiction and fantasy circles as a tongue-in-cheek shorthand for extreme horror or evil.

It's definitely not cthulhu in the movie. Only reasoning I've read pointing to Cthulhu that makes any sense is the choice of using the Blair Witch-esque handheld cameras, which, in a sense, would "validate" or add a level of false-realism similiar to the "research" that H.P. Lovecraft's characters refer to in regards to Cthulhu.

Cthulhu is just another of those cultish things I'm so fond of, more so in this situation because lovecraft is so interesting, less because of the actual culture associated with it.